20. Atlas

Nova:
———
A/N: Play the song rn🥲.

I open my eyes and the first thing I noticed as I sit up is a bright white light at the end of the corridor.

Frowning I stand up and began walking towards it. I know I shouldn't be feeling this but the light gives me some sort of warm comfort.

I gasped and took a step back when I saw a shadow pass the lighting. "Hello?"

I got no answer and could only hear shallow voices. "Is anybody here? Hello?" I asked again.

Once I reached the light I stopped. Something was coming out from there.

Am I dreaming?

"Hello?" Just as I was going to touch it, a voice made me go still. The same very voice.

"Rockstar," the hairs on the back of my neck rose and a chill ran up my spine.

Turning around I saw him, I see Atlas. My eyes widen and my mouth opens, I want to speak but no words come out.

He's here?

"Hello, Rockstar." He speaks again and this time I know it's real.

I let out a huffed breath and hugged him tightly. I'm touching him again, he's here.

"Atlas," I mumble, feeling the tears in the corner of my eyes. His arms wrapped around my small frame and he hugs me tighter to his body. "You're here. You are actually here." I start to cry.

"Of course, I'm here, Nova. I've always been here." He pulls away slightly and gives me a warm smile.

I shake my head, "I- I don't understand, am I dead? H-How are you here?"

Atlas shakes his head with a smile, "I'm just a memory, rockstar." My heart crumbles in my chest.

I look down, sniffling. "I'm sorry, Atlas, I'm so very sorry-"

"You don't have to be sorry, there was nothing you could do to change that fuckers mind." He said and took my jaw into his hands.

"You are just as beautiful and worth it as the first day I met you." I shook my head, trying to prevent a sob to escape.

I look up at his green eyes, green forest eyes. I'd do anything to never leave this place if it means being with Atlas. "I love you, I love you so much."

"I love you so much more, Nova. You have no idea how much." I smiled and he kissed my cheek.

He wiped a tear away from my cheek. "Why is this happening? I thought I'd never see you again."

Atlas sighed and took my hand into his, "they're coming, Rockstar." He sighed and led me to a door.

I frowned, "who's coming? Who are they?"

Atlas opened the door and revealed a pretty patio. "The police, Nova. They found you, and all thanks to Rocco."

I ignored the fact that he mentioned Rocco because I am too focused on the patio. I've been here before, in fact. This is where I would tell Atlas about my problems, and now he's here, helping me.

Deja vu.

"Am I going to die?" I say vaguely. It doesn't matter if I am or not, I've been dead for far too long now to even care.

"No, no you are not going to die. That is why I'm here, you need my help." Atlas said and took a seat on the very same bench we used to sit on.