8. Sweetness.

Levi:
———
I sighed and left the room when Nova locked herself in the bathroom. I made sure the door was locked, it would be a shame if I had to punish her for disobedience again.

I think it is finally time for me to let her roam around the house. I mean, she has to get used to it too, after all, she is going to be here for a real long time.

God, I can just imagine her. Nova will stay home with our future kids while I went to work with my father. When I came home my kids will surround me and id takes them to the kitchen where my love will be waiting.

She would give me a passionate kiss before serving dinner and we talked about our day after she'd put the kids to sleep while I showered.

Everything was going to be perfect with a little bit of time. That's all Nova needs; time.

And after that, everything will be perfect.

I'm sure we will have a boy first.

I smiled and went into the kitchen. I need to start making dinner, Nova is upstairs dying her hair. I am sure she will look even more beautiful when she's done.

I've always hated those pathetic dyed strands of hair she has. I never fully understood why she dyed it in the first place. I mean, I know Atlas had a lot to do with it, but come on, how much did he really influence on her?

The answer was truly disappointing. Atlas had brainwashed my baby into believing no one else understood her the way he did. That is so fucked up it you'd ask me. You don't do that to someone you claim to love, thank the heavens I'm here now.

I had always hated him. I hated him when he first met Nova, I hated how much he changed her. Atlas was nothing but an opportunist. He wasn't right for her. Everything Nova once was had changed. She wasn't the same kind girl who helped people in trouble, she became dull.

It was all his doing

She wasn't herself anymore, she wasn't the sweet girl who had saved me from those assholes in soccer camp when we were ten and eleven.

She had become ruder, pushing people away after the death of her father but it was worse when she and Atlas met.

She had no friends and her mom didn't know her enough. It was simply the perfect timing to make her mine.

Part of me was glad that she was pushing people away, even her mother. It just made it easier for me. I could've taken her three years ago if I wanted to.

The only problem was me, I didn't know how to reach out to her without her thinking I was a creep. So I decided to wait until I was ready.

But every day as I received updates about her, I saw pictures, videos, and even messages from the people I hired to track her phone.

Every time I saw her, she was falling in love with Atlas every day.

I had to watch the love of my life fall in love with someone who wasn't me. I was there when she lost her virginity. In the stupid woods. He didn't deserve her. Nova is far too precious to be treated less than what she is; a queen, that's what she is.

Again, you don't treat someone you love any less than what they deserve, and in that case, Gracie deserved a lot more than what she got.

I was there for everything she went through. I was the only person who knows her more than she does herself.

I spent most of my life hiding from her, and the other half loving her from afar.

Atlas became too much of a burden so I decided to take him off of my path. I had to kill him. I needed to. It was the only way that Gracie would be all mine. People may call me crazy, and sure, perhaps I am. But I'm in love, and love makes you do a lot of reckless things.