11. Congrats

Nova:
———
Can you hate someone you haven't met? Like...ever? I think I hate Levi's parents, his father to be exact.

Levi claims that his father has always been there for him and that he supports all of his decisions. Not to mention he hired someone to stalk me at the age of ten.

What a fucking creep.

Although Levi keeps insisting his dad isn't a terrible person, I know that he really is just trying to prevent his cover from drifting away.

I can't believe that his father encouraged him to do all this, what kind of a father does that? Is he even a father?

I don't know, I don't want to know. All I can hope for is that his mom is not like them, that she is different and can help me get out of here alive.

"Come on," Levi muttered excitedly as he guided me through the house into the living room.

The house is too big, it makes me feel like I'm the mouse and Levi is the cat whenever my gut tells me to run away.

We finally entered the room where a tall-looking man and a gorgeous woman are seated drinking wine. They were chatting but that soon stopped when Levi and I entered the room.

With their full attention on us, Levi introduces me to them. "Mom, dad, meet Nova."

The woman- his mom- stood up from the couch and ran to me, she wrapped her arms around me and gave me a tight hug while I stood there frozen.

"Oh my, it's so good to finally meet you!" She said, pulling away from me. "My Levi here hasn't stopped rambling about you, and I'm glad I know why!"

As she's smiling at me I can tell a few similarities between her and Levi, they both have the same brown hair and freckles. Except for the eyes, hers are darker and they are beautiful.

She's wearing a red dress that hugs her body really well, it's decent. And her heels are the color of her skin. She's really pretty.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs. Royce," I say awkwardly.

"Oh dear, call me Lina, it's short for Adelina!" She said grinning from ear to ear.

I try my best to smile and nodded. His father came from behind Lina and extended his hand.

"Aldo Royce," he had a mean look on him, something tells me that I won't like him. I finally took his hand and shook it.

"Nice to meet you, sir," I gritted out.

He kept staring at me with those blue intimidating eyes of his. Not one ounce of emotion flashes through his eyes. Is he that heartless?

You know what they say, like father like son. And although Levi shows more emotions than his father, that doesn't mean I should underestimate her.

"Well, now that you've met my girlfriend, why don't we eat?" Levi suggested, keeping a tight grip on me.

And, girlfriend?! I am not his girlfriend! He took me and brought me here against my will! I would never, and I mean ever, would fall for someone like him.

"Sounds good," Aldo said, and we started walking towards what I assume is the dining room.

Adelina stopped midway in and walked toward us. "Oh, and by the way, happy birthday mio caro figlio, ti amo così tanto!" She said to Levi.

(my dearest son, I love you so much.)

Is Levi's birthday?

Frowning I take a seat next to Levi, not that he would let me sit next to his mother anyway.