1. Missing him

Nova:
———
The word destruction has a lot of things to it, and a lot of meanings. But it always comes back to one single word.

Irreparable.

Once something comes into your life and gets destroyed there is no way you can replace it.  

You can't repair the damage that has been done to you. No matter how bad it is.

I shut off my alarm and rolled to my other side, pulling the sheets over my head.

I got no sleep last night, not even because today is the first day of school. I mean, I haven't gotten a decent sleep since... Since Atlas died.

My eyes shot open and I gritted my teeth.

"You have no idea how happy you make me, Atlas," I say against the railing of the bridge.

"You are the only reason I'll ever take a step into Roseburg, my little rockstar." He said caressing my freshly pink strand of hair.

We dyed our hair pink yesterday, well only a strand. 

"You are my rock," I say.

He smiles, showing me his dimples and white teeth. "And you are my star."

We brought our pinkies together.

"Rockstar."

I shut my eyes quickly. Fuck! I don't want to cry, not this morning, I cried yesterday and that should be enough.

Maybe I'm just getting used to the idea of knowing that Atlas is not starting this school year with me.

I wiped a tear away and take out the small portrait my friend Jules gave me.

"I miss you so much, my rockstar," I mumbled and kissed the picture. This has been my savior many times, I guess it has to be now.

"Nova! Nova get up now or you will be late for your first day of school," My mom yelled from downstairs. "Nova!"

I rolled my eyes and removed the sheets. "Coming!" I yelled.

Standing up I grab my freshly washed uniform. Green necktie, green pleated skirt. A white button-down shirt and a gray blazer. The socks are black with a green line around the top.

I'm entering a new school, this is a private one. Mom thinks I should go into a new environment considering everything I went through last year.

I put the uniform on, cropping the skirt a little and wearing tights instead of the high knee socks.

You are meant to stand out, rockstar.

I don't give a shit about the rules this school has, because that's what it is. It's a goddamn school, it doesn't matter if it's private or not. It wouldn't even matter if the own president's daughter went there.

And if I get kicked out then so fucking be it.

I grabbed my hairbrush and start going through my hair. My left side, which is where my white strand of hair is, it's much more difficult to brush. It's so tangled.

But on my right, where my pink strand of hair is, it's fine.

My hair is naturally brown, a little lighter than usual brown would be but it's brown. When I was dating Atlas he and I dyed our hair black, his looked incredible.

Eventually, the color started to drift off and I decided to not dye it again.

We did different colors though until we finally settled on two: White and Pink.