Epilogue

Five years later:
————
I was right when I said that a part of Levi would always be with me no matter what, despite all the hatred I feel towards him, I can't deny the love I have for my baby boy.

That's right, after that day in the hospital five years ago, I decided to have my baby. I thought of Atlas, what would I do if it was Atlas baby?

Keep it, of course.

And after a few more weeks I found out I was pregnant with a little boy. I guess it felt like a sudden connection, Atlas and I have planned to have a baby boy first and I had vowed to name it after him.

I did, five years ago I gave birth to Atlas Jade Parker.

I love my little boy, I really do. But a part of me knows he shouldn't have been born.

And I hate to admit it but it's the truth, I shouldn't have ever gotten kidnapped or raped. To Levi, the baby I was expecting was a punishment but the baby I raised is a gift from god.

Three years ago Atlas family contacted me, they had heard about what happened to me, they were still grieving but when they found out I was missing they were looking for me non-stop.

His mom said that I was the only thing that reminded them of Atlas, I was the one person he truly loved.

And I loved him too.

When I found out I was pregnant with a boy I told his parents about naming him after Atlas. They were more than thrilled and started crying. That's when they asked me if they could be involved in his life.

I was surprised, to say the least, but I accepted because I know that it would've made Atlas happy, to know that his parents and I were getting along.

Of course, they knew what had happened. This child was another man's kid, but they love him as if he was their own grandson.

Although I had my ups and downs during my pregnancy, I managed to get out of that dark hole that filled my mind every night.

I went to extreme lengths when I was depressed. I went so far as to almost kill myself and Atlas, thankfully my mom found me in the act and took me to therapy.

It took a lot more than I had imagined but I pushed through it. Of course, the first few months were really hard to open up, but the therapist was really patient with all of it.

Also, Rocco, all three of them made me realize that I had so much more to live for, that my kid had a life ahead of him already and I should give him that opportunity.

Rocco was always there, taking care of me, buying me every other craving I had when I was pregnant. And he'd even help me with school work. Thanks to him I graduated and I'm working on marketing.

My plan was to go to college but I knew that it wasn't safe to leave Atlas alone, god knows when Levi could escape, even worse, his parents.

That day in the hospital I vowed to always protect my child and that's what I've been doing ever since, and he needs protection from Levi.

He doesn't even deserve to be called Atlas's father, he might've shot the sperm inside of me, but I have been mother and father for him.

Although Rocco has tried to explain multiple times about Abbie and him, I've always turned him down. There is not much to say, really.

Abbie brought comfort to him when I was kidnapped and I'm fine with that. I think part of me knows what he has to say but I just don't want to admit that because it scares the shit out of me.

A/N: Play song

Even so, if I ever wanted an explanation it's too late for that. Abbie turned out to be pregnant after I had given birth to Atlas, with Rocco.

I was a bit surprised back then but then the idea of them being together didn't bother me anymore. I was way too focused on being a mother.

But thanks to them being together Julie was born, giving Atlas a friend and a sister like to protect. She is a beautiful baby girl with green eyes and brown hair.

She looks so much like Abbie it's crazy.

Talking about Abbie, her family never found out what happened with her sister. They never found a murderer or anything to close the case.

Abbie and Rocco do make quite a couple if I'm being honest, though I never expected them to end up together the way they did.

Talking about unexpected couples, mom and Rocco's uncle, Jett, have married.

That's right, mom remarried and she married Jett. To say that I was the least bit happy for her is an understatement. I mean, I wasn't really fascinated with the idea of my mom marrying someone who had gotten out of jail for selling weed to minors.

But Jett proved me wrong, he is a great person and he shows me that every time I see mom smile. She is so happy with him and I'm glad, I hadn't seen her like that since dad passed away.

"Look mommy, I found a new rock!" My son came up running to me from below the river.

I gasped and kneeled to his level. "Wow, baby! It's beautiful."

"What type of rock is it?" He asked and handed me the pink object.

"Ah... this one is a crystal, babe. It's called rose quartz." I say examining the chunk of glass in my palm.

"Well, what does that mean?" He tilted his head.

I smiled. "It represents unconditional love," I tell him standing up and taking his hand in mine.

We start walking towards the car. "So it's a special rock, mommy?" Atlas asked, looking up at me.

I chuckled and glanced down at him. "Sure it is, and you should keep it until you find that unconditional love."

I unlocked the car and opened the door, before getting in Atlas turned to me and took it from my hand. "I'm going to give this to my girlfriend one day, mommy!"

My jaw dropped to the floor. Never did I think I'd have the girlfriend talk with my son at the age of five, Rocco definitely caused this.

I recovered from my shock and let out a laugh, "you have to make sure she is the right person for you, Atlas. You can't just hand it to someone you don't love, remember what it means right?"

He nodded and averted his blue eyes from me to the crystal. "I know, mommy. I'll give it to someone when I love them very much!"

"You do that, baby." I smiled and kissed his forehead. "Now get in, we're going to be late for the movie!"

"Okay!" He jumped into the car and put his seatbelt on.

I closed the door and started the car, leaving the lonely park and heading towards the theater.

This is my life now, being a devoted mother to my son and making sure he is safe and well taken care of. I'm only twenty-three but I know that I'm doing a good job at raising him.

And over the years I have learned to not be anyone's precious obsession.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, baby?" I look at him from the rearview mirror.

"I'm going to take care of this forever!" He said and hid his crystal in his jean pockets.

I chuckled and fixed the rearview mirror again. I wasn't so sure about what he meant but I guess I'll have to find out.

But that, that is a story for another time.

And all thanks to you, Rockstar.