15. Living in hell

Nova:
———
"You don't have to worry about anything, Nova. I will always take care of you, no matter how far or how mad we are at each other. I will always, be there for you."

I wiped the tear off of my cheek, "what if my mother forces me to stay away from you? She can do that, you know-"

"Nobody can force you to do anything you don't want." Atlas cut me off and hugged me closer to his naked body. "Parents exist to give you rules, but they can't force you to do something you don't want to."

I smile and let out a sob.

I'm so tired of mom threatening to take me to another state just to get me away from Atlas. Does she not realize that Atlas saved her daughter?

But Atlas is right, my mom can't force me to stay away from him if I don't want to.

I'm sixteen and I can become emancipated if I want to. I mean, I wouldn't be the first or last teenager to do so. Atlas did. And he did it for me.

"I love you so much, Atlas Bennett." I looked down at my left hand, the promise ring he gave me sitting perfectly on my finger.

Atlas kissed my forehead, "I love you so much more, Grace. You have no idea how much."
-
A/N: Play song on top!

And, indeed. Atlas loved me so much and he proved that every damn time life seemed to come in between us.

That man was everything to me.

And the thought of losing him all over again makes me want to sob even harder. I've been getting pretty used to this bathroom floor.

Last night, after Levi had finished his horrendous act, I had to crawl my way into the bathroom. I knew the door was locked so I didn't even bother, I just wanted to stay away from him.

I sat on the bathroom floor as my violated body was curled in a ball in the corner. Crying until my chest burned and my eyes would no longer produce tears.

The only thing I could do was drown in self-pity.

All I had left was my pride, and Levi took that away from me the minute he took me into this miserable house. It's like living in hell.

I'm living in hell.

I tried, Rockstar, God knows I tried and it wasn't enough. I wasn't enough.

It is not like I was a virgin, but I shouldn't have gotten raped. I didn't deserve this, or did I? What did I ever do to deserve this?!

I didn't mess with anyone, I was always minding my business, and for what? To get kidnapped? Raped by a guy who is completely infuriated with me?

I just want to die, he took my pride, the only thing I had left. The only good thing Atlas had left me when he left this world.

I feel so shitty, so worthless.

I'm just like a shattered dove.

Levi broke me.

I can't stop throwing up, I'm so fucking disgusted by what he did to me and what I let myself get. No matter how many times I stop, the word vomit is in my head.

My legs are shaky and my intimate area hurts like hell. How much longer until I decide to take my own life?

Suddenly, there is a rustle of sheets on the other side of the door. A low gasp escaped me and I sit up, please God, don't let him come in!

"Nova?" Levi groans tiredly.

I don't do anything besides plant my feet firmer on the floor. It's quiet for a moment before there is a knock on the door.