38| Crooked

One Year Later

One Year Later

"He is so adorable. Look at those chubby cheeks." Angelica said as she beamed her adoring eyes at my precious baby boy Onyx.

Every day he was getting bigger and bigger, and I become emotional thinking about it every time. I want him to stay a baby forever.

I gave birth to him three months ago. When I found out I was pregnant, I was at the lowest place in my life. Jonas is in solitary confinement. I haven't seen or spoken to him since he was arrested and hauled away in an unmarked van.

Jonas does not have a clue I was pregnant, let alone had his baby. There are some days I'm so depressed about the predicament I'm in. Being a single mother and the love of my life being in prison is not something I seen on my cards. Sometimes I can't even leave my bed, but for Onyx I power through my depression and constant anxiety. I want to shower my baby with the love and affection I was robbed of growing up.

"Of course, he's adorable. He looks just like his mommy." I said before picking Onyx up from his crib and planting a kiss on his chubby cheek. "Girl don't even! He looks just like his daddy." Angelica scoffed.

I looked into my baby's blue eyes. She was right. Onyx is the exact copy of Jonas but with brown skin.

"He is a crybaby just like his daddy. This one kept me up all night last night." I said taking out my breast to feed him.

Breastfeeding hurts like a bitch but I do it so my baby can be healthy and strong. A mother's sacrifice I guess.

"Any word on Jonas's case?" Angelica asked. "No," I answered keeping mum.

Angelica and I, for the most part, have repaired our relationship. If anything we are closer than we were before, but I still don't trust her. I can't say the same about me and Magnolia. I will always love her but I've kept my distance from her. Now that I look at our relationship I never realized her favoritism of Angelica over me. I was just happy to have an adult figure treat me nicely. There was no way in hell I was going to tell her my plans.

"Okay, I pumped a bunch of milk. Remember he has to be fed every two hours. He's a deep sleeper so you have to wake him up." I said pulling my nipple from his mouth.

Before I know it Onyx was fast asleep. I put him back in his crib and glared at my sister. This is the first time I was going to be away from Onyx for more than an hour and I felt physically sick thinking about it but I had important things to tend to.

"Where did you say you were going again?" Angelica asked before stuffing her mouth full of popcorn. "I'm just going to go out and run some errands. I need a day to myself." I lied. "Thank you for watching Onyx." "Girl, that's my nephew. I will do anything for him."

I smiled at her, masking the complete anxiety I was having.

It was risky having a recovering drug addict watch over my newborn baby. Angelica doesn't know but Haroldson is down the street. I love Angelica but she did stage a kidnapping and used to hang out with a bunch of shady people. If she is up to any of her old shenanigans I gave Haroldson the order to fucking kill her if she harms one hair on my baby's head. I do NOT play around when it comes to my son.