11| Real Answers

"Do you like it?" I asked Magnolia crossing my hands together

She spun around and took in the view of the house I just purchased for her. It has four bedrooms and five bathrooms. It is located in a gated community far, far away from the area we used to live.

"Baby, I don't know what to say." She spoke before she burst into tears.

Witnessing her so happy made my heart warm. No one on this planet deserves this more than her.

"Thank you, baby, thank you so much." She said in between her sobs.

I pulled her into a hug, and she cried into my shoulder for a couple of minutes. Magnolia is everything to me. I would go out of my way to make her happy.

"No mom. Thank you. You deserve this."

I wiped the tears falling down her cheek with my hand and pulled her into another hug. If it was not for Magnolia, I would not have a family.

It's been a few days since I met my father. I have been torn about the situation. I made it clear to Haroldson that I do not want him in my life.

Tragically, he disclosed to me that he was only given three years to live but the anger I felt that I was abandoned by my only living parent because of his lack of being able to grieve just blows my mind.

He left me alone. I cannot and will not forgive him.

Where r u?
-Paula

I pouted at my phone. I'm supposed to be working a shift as we speak, but the money I have access to now makes it so me or my family never have to work ever again.

I had no intention of showing up to work, but I began to feel guilty. Paula has been nothing but kind to me. It's a Friday night, and I know the bar is jam-packed with people. I pretty much left her to fend against the wolves all by herself. Against my better judgment, I decided that I will help her out tonight and turn in my resignation to Max personally after my shift is over.

I'm running late. I'm on my way. 😊
-Cypress

I gave Magnolia one final hug goodbye and left her in her brand-new house alone. I wired a generous amount of money into her account so she can furnish the house however she pleases.

As for me, I bought a four-bedroom high-rise apartment in the city. Angelica, Paz, and I are set to move in together next week.

It was a difficult decision to tell Paz about my newfound wealth. Ultimately, I decided to disclose her bits and pieces. She's my best friend.

Paz is the only person outside my mom and Angelica, I told her about the money. I didn't reveal just how much I had, all I told her is that it was a lot of money and that it can change our lives.

I could not have gotten out of that neighborhood fast enough.

The trickle-down effect of Kal's death has caused turmoil in the community. J.R has become an even bigger nightmare than before. Bodies have been dropping left and right, and there is a shooting almost every single day.