16| An Acquaintance

⚠️⚠️⚠️TW: Please read this chapter with caution. ⚠️⚠️⚠️

We stood in front of the door to her apartment

We stood in front of the door to her apartment. She spent the night and most of the morning with me.

"Don't get ahead of yourself." She scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

Oh, that's what game she wants to play.

I grabbed her by the ass and pulled her closer to me. "I said I'll see you tonight," I looked her directly in the eye. I was more militant in the way I was speaking. "We will see." She smirked before planting a quick kiss on my lips. She spun around to unlock her door with her key and entered her apartment.

It was obvious she was warming up to me. To be quite honest, she has been on my mind a lot lately. When I'm away from her, all I could think about is the next time I'm going to fuck her again.

As I strolled down the hall, I took out my phone. I had a text message from Milton. I was in the middle of a gigantic drug deal with a kingpin named Joseph Paul. He was an acquaintance of my father, and he is from Paris. Getting into business with someone as renowned as Joseph Paul will be smart on my part.

Especially after my father drained most of the bank accounts we shared.

I stopped by my warehouse where I saw my men aimlessly roaming around. Xander was in the corner emotionally sitting alone. His eyes were red, and it appeared as if he was crying. News of the death of our father got out, and he was not taking the news too well. I don't know why. Our father hated his guts. Probably more so than I do.

"Xander, I need you to check on the shipment," I demanded.

The shipment is three hours away. I wanted him as far away from me as possible. I did not want to be around him at that very moment. I was having a good day, and I didn't want him to ruin it.

"Sure big bro." He nodded his head and walked away.

"Boss, you seem to be in a good mood." Eddie approached me with a grin.

I rolled my eyes. Eddie is Nigel's younger brother. He was in college when everything happened and Nigel died. He dropped out of school and came back to town when he learned exactly what happened and how Fiona played a part in his brother's death.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I said emotionless as I texted Milton back. "Well, I got word that there is a new lady in the picture." Eddie grinned.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, come on. Everyone keeps talking about this Cypress woman that apparently caught your attention." Eddie smiled.

I looked up from my phone to shoot my men a glare. "So that is what you all are doing. Gossiping." I snapped at them angrily.

All of the men remained silent.