35| The Biggest Hurdle

"You haven't eaten a thing my love

"You haven't eaten a thing my love. What is the matter?" Joseph speaking to me in such a daringly way made me want to throw up. I turned my head to find him glaring at me from across the table.

I was mentally and physically exhausted. There were bruises all along my neck and torso. My wrist was in pain, and I am almost positive it is broken. Joseph grabbed me by my hair and slammed me around the room, all because I laughed at his "proposal".

He asked me to marry him, and in his senile mind, he actually thought I would say yes.

"I'm not hungry." I spat at him. "Very well, starve then." He said cutting into his steak.

"What do you want from me?" I asked for the millionth time.

After I was taken, I woke up in a luxurious room in this gigantic house. It's bigger than Candy's house. The bed was dressed in expensive linen, and there was a gigantic Persian rug on the ground.

I had a closet filled with designer items and a staff hired for my neck and call. I had everything I could ask for, but I wanted to go back home. I missed Jonas. He's all I could think about.

"You may not know this yet, but we are meant to be together." He grinned.

I gulped. This man is sick. Is he out of his mind?

"No, we are not." I shook my head in disgust. "In time, you will see." He said with a sinister smirk that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I've been trying to figure out how to escape here since the very day I woke up. Joseph Paul appears to be very powerful. He had more security and people watching me than I can count.

I'm still reeling at the fact that this man put his hands on me last night. I have never been hit by a man and I could not let it go.

"You can't keep me here against my will. I am not going to marry you. I'm never going to marry you." I said hoping that he will get the clue that his obsession with me is insane. "You have no real choice in that matter, my love." He said as he proceeded to eat the steak in front of him.

I let out a frustrated cry. I was disgusted by this whole conversation.

"I'm not fucking marrying you!" I screamed at Joseph way.

At a drop of a hat, Joseph ran around the table, grabbed a handful of my hair, and yanked my head back.

"Now listen here, I don't give a fuck what you say or do. I have had enough of your mouth." He sneered. "One more word and I will have your tongue ripped out. I don't care to listen to that aggravating voice of yours." He hissed into my ear.

I felt tears begin to form in my eyes. I was miserable. What did I ever do to be in this predicament? I'm a foster kid from the hood. I can remember when my biggest problem was when I was dealing with the unnecessary drama between myself, Kal, and Shanice. I would do anything to get back to when it was such a simpler time.