10| Worst Night of My Life

"Where is she!" I screamed at the nurse

She was young. Her loose curls were pinned back into a bun. She was visibly shaking. I was terrifying her. I did not care that she was scared. I did not care that police officers and security guards were eyeing me down as I slammed my fist on the counter. I had no other way to urge the stupid nurse to get me the information I was looking for.

My main focus was my mom and her well-being. I got the news that the bodyguards I hired to watch over my mom were killed,  and my mother was shot in the head.

The young nurse looked at the computer and looked up at me. "She's in room 303." She said with a quivering voice.

I turned and quickly ran to the elevator. My hands were trembling, and I was nauseous.

When I entered my mom's room, she was hooked up to several machines, and her head was wrapped in bandages. She was in a medically induced coma, and there was no telling when she was going to wake up.

I rubbed my chin and began pacing the room, walking back and forth.

When I finally summoned the courage to touch her, her hands were ice cold, and she appeared nothing like the loud, obnoxious woman I'm used to seeing as my mother.

I could not take another moment seeing her in this state, lying practically lifeless on the hospital bed. I could not bear it. I am usually calm in wild situations, but this is different. I was in a complete panic, the calm, calculating man I usually am was out the fucking window. This is my fucking mother. She may get on my fucking nerves but she is a woman I know I would no doubt I would trade places for at this very moment if I had to.

Milton was standing beside my car when I got to the parking lot. He was smoking a cigarette, and he was calm.

"Find out who did this. I want to kill him myself." I seethed. "Yes sir." Milton nodded his head before opening the door.

I took my phone out of my pocket, and I had a missed call from Cypress. I haven't seen her since that night in my club. Yet, we text and talk to each other on the phone very often. Not being able to see each other in person is frustrating. All I can think about is that kiss we shared. Although it was brief it was amazing.

I wanted to hear her voice, but right now I was way too over the edge. I wanted to know the stupid son of a bitch who thinks it was a good idea to shoot my mother.

"Brother, I am so sorry." Xander sobbed the minute I entered the compound.

I walked right past him. I was not in the mood to engage in his ridiculous dramatics.

I got my tech team to review who hacked into the security camera at my mom's house. I wanted every rock unturned in the search for this bastard.

I dialed my father's phone number for the millionth time. I was now at the stage of fury. My dad surprisingly didn't answer my phone call. The thoughts of something happening to him as a wall began to plague my mind.