4| Call 911!

"Ugh, I feel nauseous

"Ugh, I feel nauseous." My best friend Paz Kumar sighed rubbing her flat belly.

Her brown skin was radiating. She was happy. She's been seeing some guy for a little while now. I never met him, but I've heard great things about him from Paz. I'm happy for her. After leaving that toxic relationship, Paz was convinced she will never find love again.

I love seeing this new energy. There is no doubt in my mind that she is happy. She is always smiling. I've never seen her so smitten.

"Ugh, I feel like I'm going to throw up!" Paz groaned.

"Are you pregnant?" I teased as I began to pack up my room. "Girl bye!" Paz quickly snapped back angrily.

She did not take too kindly to my little joke. Her biggest fear on earth is to get knocked up and be some random man's baby mama. We have seen too many friends within our friend group fall victim to such a heinous predicament.

"I'm joking." I raised both my hands up.

I've known Paz since the eighth grade and she is my soul mate. She has always been vocal about not wanting children but I know Paz, I think she will be a great mom someday.

"I think I just ate something weird." Paz groaned plopping on my bed beside me. "What did you eat today?" "My dad cooked up this curry chicken. I should know better than to eat that man's food. I think the chicken was uncooked. That man would have died if he never met my mother." Paz laughed.

I finished stuffing the remaining stuff into a box and tapped it up. I've been packing up my apartment for the past two days and I was finally on my last box.

In exhaustion, I lied back on my bed beside Paz. I made the difficult decision to move back in with Magnolia for the time being. I plan on saving as much money as I can and starting over.

To be honest, I was taking the eviction hard. I felt like a failure. I left Magnolia's house with so much hope and aspirations. Now I'm going back with my tail between my legs. Life came at me swinging and knocked me the fuck out.

"Don't be too hard on yourself mama. You did the best you can. " Paz said as if she was reading my mind.

"I can't help it. I was evicted out of my apartment Paz. You have no idea how embarrassing that shit feels." I sighed.

The tears ran down the corner of my eyes. I hate crying, I was just so upset with myself. I am stuck in a world of poverty. No matter what I do or how hard I try to get myself out, I am always swallowed back in.

"Cy, don't cry." Paz wrapped her arms around me in attempt to comfort me.

Her hazel eyes were in anguish from seeing me so upset.

"I'm just tired." I sobbed. "I know, I know." She continued to console me.

I let out a cough. Paz can tell me she understands but she doesn't. Paz isn't rich per se, but she's well off compared to everyone else in our community.