21| A Few More Minutes

I now have less than twenty-four hours to get the money over to these kidnappers

I now have less than twenty-four hours to get the money over to these kidnappers. I have not been able to sleep or eat ever since everything happened. I felt numb. Losing either Magnolia or Angelica has always been one of my biggest fears. The possibility that anything may happen to Angelica was too much for me to bear.

The overwhelming guilt I felt was inconsolable. If I did not accept all that money from my father, we most likely would not be in this predicament of this moment. I shouldn't have gone to that cabin with Jonas. I have a feeling if I was there, I could have somehow protected us. I don't know how but I can't help but feel so guilty.

I had so many thoughts running through my mind that everything appeared fuzzy. The passionate couple of days I spent with Jonas did not seem to be worth it anymore.

Speaking of Jonas, he disappeared off the face of this earth. I have not seen or talked to him since he left my apartment when I first got the ransom.

I was honestly really starting to enjoy the guy's company, but after this, I don't think I ever want to see him again. He just showed me who he is, and I cannot avoid the red flags any longer. Jonas is not a man I should be engaging with.

"Are you okay mom?" I asked a comatose Magnolia.

She sat in the living room staring out of space. Her clothes were wrinkled, and her curls were matted. She was a wreck. We were both beside ourselves in fear.

"I don't know what I'll do if anything happens to her. I...I can't lose my baby." Magnolia sobbed.

It pulled at my heartstrings seeing her like this. In the years I've known Magnolia, I've only seen her cry twice. Once when her best friend past away in a car accident. The other is when she found out her second husband, Rich, was cheating on her.

"She's going to be okay mom. I have the money. Soon all of this is going to be behind us." I said as I gently placed my hand on her back.

"She better be, or else the people that took her will have to face me, and trust me, that won't be good for any of them!" She spat.

Magnolia wiped the tears on her cheeks with the back of her hand, stood up, and walked into Angelica's bedroom.

I looked at my phone to see it was almost noon. Time was passing by rather quickly. I prayed the universe could just make time stop for just a few minutes so I could gather my thoughts. That is all I need. A few more minutes.

I glared out the window and stared at the sky. It was a beautiful day out. The sun was bright, and the sky was a reinvigorated blue. There was a cool breeze in the air. It was the perfect weather.

I stood up and entered my bedroom. When I sat on my bed tears began to trickle down my cheeks. My hands has not been able to stop trembling, and I was sick to my stomach.

As soon as I lied back, I heard an alert from my phone. I rolled over and reached my hand to grab my phone from the nightstand.

It was Jonas.