36| Resent Me 🔥

"Everything is handled?" I said over the phone to Leon

"Everything is handled?" I said over the phone to Leon. "Yeah, everything is handled," Leon answered with no trace of emotion in his tone.

I had my suspicion about Leon right after I noticed he was after Cypress. I did a little background check on him and it came up clean. A little too clean. Not even a traffic ticket. It appeared to be fake but I could not tell for sure and I had bigger fish to fry at that time.

Leon works for this man, Jerry. When Jerry found out I killed one of his biggest enemies, J.R, he was the one who sought me out and offered his help in rescuing Cypress. I usually do not work with other people but I was desperate. I was willing to take all the help I can. Leon and his crew were able to find out that the island in the Caribbean was just a trap. If it were not for them, I have no doubt in my mind that I would be dead at this very moment.

I hung up the phone and walked up the steps to the brand new house I purchased for Cypress and me to live in. It's a couple of hours away from our old apartment and I think it's in a great area. We can both now have some peace and quiet.

"Hey, Cy," I said as I entered the bedroom.

Cypress was in the middle of brushing through her hair. Her eyes were fixed on her reflection. She was released from the hospital last night. The bruises on her back angered me to the point I could not even think clearly.

If Cypress said she did not want Joseph to be killed, I would have slit his mother fucking throat with no hesitation.

At this very moment, Joseph is sitting in a cell in a remote location. He is given food once a day and that's about it. He has no bed, no shower, and no toilet. He is to live in his filth for the rest of his pathetic, sorry life.

"Cy," I said again trying to catch her attention. I walked up behind her and gently placed my hands on her shoulders. Her body seemed to have relaxed the moment I touched her. "Hmm." She answered soothingly.

I licked my lips and formed the courage to ask her the question that has been plaguing my mind for days.

"Are we okay?" I asked into her ear nervously.

She's been a little off since I brought her back home. We have yet to talk about the last conversation we had with each other. She was planning on leaving me and I had to know if she still had the same plans.

Cypress placed her brush on the counter and turned to face me. The look in her eyes made it look like she was in deep thought.

"I love you." She answered. "When I was locked in that house, all I could think about is you." She sniffled before quickly wiping away the tears streaming down her eyes. "As much as my brain is telling me to walk away from this relationship. I can't." She nodded her head accepting her decision to stay with me.

I felt my shoulders fall relieved.

"We can work through this, what do you think about therapy?" I said wrapping my arms around her.