32| Deceit

"Fuck, I don't want to hear your excuses

"Fuck, I don't want to hear your excuses. Just find her!" I screamed into my phone belligerent.

I can't afford for her to go out driving off alone to think. Cypress does not know just how much danger she's in. I didn't tell her because she's been so upset, I honestly did not want to add to her stress.

"Fuck!" I screamed when I hung up the phone.

I was angry and panicked but most of all, I was terrified. Two very dangerous men wanted Cypress for their own demented reasons.

After three hours passed I felt like I was going to throw up. I was desperate to get Cypress back home. I had so many people search for her.

As I was loading my gun, I heard the front door open. Cypress was standing by the front door removing her shoes. I was relieved she was back home, but mostly I was angry at her for running off the way she did.

"Cypress, do you know how fucking stupid that was?" I hissed at her.

She stood silent. Her eyes were bloodshot, and her jet-black hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail. She was moving slowly, and she was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Cypress!" I shouted over at her attempting to get her attention.

"You're right. I'm sorry." She said in a soft tone.

WHAT THE FUCK?

I may have not known Cypress for that long, but I know that she is so much of a brat that apologizing is never on the table.

"Don't be sorry. I was just worried, Cy. You can't just run away from me." I rushed over to her.

The second I touched her, she shivered and jumped away. She was avoiding me. She was still angry with me.

"Look, I'm sorry how everything turned out with Silvia. I'll get you some therapy. We can move past this." I assured her.

Cypress stood in front of me stoically. I could not read the expression on her face like I usually can. I reached my hand up and placed it on her face. My eyes widened when I saw some bruising on her neck. I choke her during sex, but the bruises I leave her are never this visible.

"Cy?" I whispered running my index finger over her neck. "What...What is this?" I asked as delicately as I can.

The last thing I wanted was for her to explode again and storm off...again.

To my surprise, Cypress leaned in and pressed her lips onto mine, and began kissing me.

"Cypress, what are you doing?" I asked confused by her sudden shift in behavior.

"Can you hold me?" She asked into my lips. "Please." She pleaded.

I nodded my head and did as she asked of me. I picked her up from the ground, wrapped my arms around her tiny body, and kissed her back. It was a weird kiss. It's nothing like the passionate kiss we always share between us two. Something was amiss, and I did not know what it was.