Chapter 5

******

"I'm afraid it's too late. I've already experienced betrayal in the worst possible way." She says. "Believe me. It killed me. That's why I almost took my life away that night you found me. All because I was blind my entire life."

"Well shit. What hell did you went through to go through such lengths?" He asks.

Evelyn sighs deeply as she fixes her posture and she clears her throat. "For starters, my dreams as a ballerina were immediately shattered almost a month ago. I almost lost both of my legs and now the doctors told me that it'll be a long time before I can ever dance again." She says.

"That at the Han bridge, I threw away my 18 carat diamond engagement ring at the ocean." She looks at her ringless fingers.

"Wait! An engagement ring?!" He asks.

"Oh? That's right. I forgot to mention that I'm married. My whole marriage is apparently a huge scam from the beginning. I just found out that my own sister and my husband are having an affair behind my back. If I knew she was in love with him years ago, I wouldn't of married him." She says as she tries to crack her voice.

"To everyone, I feel like I'm just in their way! My own friends teamed up with my enemy and tried to kill that night. My husband has been stealing millions of dollars from me, my sister never cared about me, and my parents and everyone that I loved knew that my own husband was having an affair behind my back and no one ever told me."

"Is something wrong with me? Am I just a rock in the road towards everyone?" She tries holding in her tears.

Kai was too stunned to speak. He thought his life was miserable, but after hearing her out, he just couldn't believe it. It took him a minute to process everything.

He got up from his seat and he sat next to her. "No. To me you're not a rock on the road." He says. "I can finally see why you tried to take your own life away that night." He sighs.

"But if I were you, I would get revenge." He says. "Make them regret stomping on you."

The tears ran down from her eyes.

"Even if I did. I don't know where to start." She says.

"I'll help you with everything." He says.

"Help me?" She asks and he nods.

"First step, always look clueless. Pretend that you're in the unknown, but secretly, you know everything." He says. "Dig information on each and everyone that tried to hurt you. Then dig up their biggest shame and expose it or use it against them. They'll never know it's you because clearly, you're still in the unknown. Hurt them where it really hurts." He says.

"Wow. That's really clever. You really know about this." She says.

"I do. Believe me. I've been betrayed before and it really hurt, but it was satisfying when karma kicked them in their nuts." He says.

"Tell me. Have you confronted your cheating husband yet?" He asks.

"No."

"Good. Confront the bastard whenever it's the right time." He says.

"I can't thank you enough for the help. How can I repay you?" She asks.