Part 30

Percy's POV:

I was woken by a loud banging on the door. I move slowly and carefully as to not wake the sleeping figure.

I make my way to the door, fighting through my groggy haze.

'Percy. We need to talk. Now.' Hazel said deifantly.

'Ok. Let me grab some shoes real quick I say, muffling a yawn.

I drag my shoes on before stepping out of the cabin.

'Chiron wants you and Nico to meet him at the big house at 7pm tomorrow. He wants to give Nico the rest of today to rest. I was told to come get your food orders for dinner.'

I told her what we wanted and she hugged me before leaving. I walk back inside and toe my shoes off before lying down next to my boyfriend (?).

Hazel comes back soon and gives me our food, I set Nico's on the locker beside his bed. I gently shake him awake and we eat before sleeping again. 

When I'm woken the next morning, it's by Nico thrashing around  in his sleep, his brow tight and glistening with sweat. I gently try to wake him when he lets out a scream and sits bolt upright.

'Honey...are you okay?' I ask, gently placing my arms around him. 

When he turns to face me, I don't see his usual war and trauma hardened 'scary dog' self but a scared, shivering little kitten, about to be killed by a mastiff in a dark alley way.

'I-...I need to speak with someone...Soon. Tell...everything...'

'Hush hon...Chiron wants to meet us...'

'Ok.'

We get ready with an anxious dread forming in the depts of my stomach as I watch Nico fumble to get ready, obviously still shaken up. 

'Can we go now?'

'Uh...Yeah, let's go.'

We walk out, an awkward silence falling upon us as we walk.

As we finally reached the big house, Nico seemed to calm down but I was still worried.

"Chiron...It's us, you wanted to talk to us?" I say, knocking on the open front door.

"In here boys." Chiron's voice calls to us.

We walk in together and head towards where Chiron was. When in the room, I hear Nico gasp. I look. The girl was sat in a chair next to the centaur. I could feel how panicked Nico felt but when I looked back to his face it showed no such emotion. I gently take his hand and squeeze it as a sort of way to say that I'm there and with me and Chiron here she won't stand a chance if she tries anything.

"Morning boys! This young lady was just talking about you two." Chiron says cheerfully.

"Really? What was she saying?" I say, popping my hip and crossing my arms.

"That 'fags like you two need to be taught a lesson and should burn in Tartarus'. I was simply explaining to her that you two are heros and will likely end up in Elysium."

"Why thank you sir, now why did you need us?" I ask.

"I wanted you opinion. Do you think 'fags' or their punishers belong in tartarus?"

The girl looks from us to Chiron with a fearful expression.

"Could you specify what you mean by that sir?" I ask, a smug smile on my face.