Part 23

Nico's POV:
"So who was he?"

I take a deep breath before answering.

"He was my uncle..."

"What?!" Percy shouts quietly as to not alert Sally or Gabe.

"Yeah...I didn't know it was as bad as  was then because I was naïve and couldn't see through the rotten and empty compliments that were delivered to me by him."

"Neeks...Honey..." Percy takes my hands in his own, "I understand now..."

"Understand what?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"You're scared of him..." Percy says, moving his hand from one of my hands and using it to hold my face up.

I stay quiet because I know he's right and fighting was pointless...There was nothing to fight about anyway.

"Please...Was telling me that difficult?"

I shake my head, his hand still holding it.

"Nico...I think we need to lay down."

I nod.

Percy grabs my hips and we lay down. We cuddle together silently for some time.

"Percy-"

"Shh...We need silence or you'll miss it."

"Miss what?"

All of a sudden, soft piano music begins to seep in from beyond the wall.

"What the?"

"My room neighbor always practices at mad times...but I've learned their schedule..."

We lay together and listen to the playing.

My ears soon prick up at a familiar language.

"Not good enough. Start again." A voice orders.

"Dad...I'm trying..." A smaller voice says back.

"Alright. Don't come crying to me when you fail your exam."

"I won't, I'm getting better."

"Okay"

The song soon changes to a slower, more romantic piece.

I wriggle out of Percy's grip and stand up, grabbing his hand before dragging him after me.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhh."

I place one hand on Percy's hip and one on his shoulder.

"Copy my stance."

"Okay?"

Percy puts a hand on my hip and a hand on the opposite shoulder.

I lead Percy in an awkward 2 step around his small bedroom to the music.

After a few steps, Percy begins to giggle softly.

Soon the two of us are giggling together. Percy was looking down at my face, eyes closed and I was looking up at him.

He soon looks down and we meet eyes. Our giggles subside as we stare lovingly into one-another's eyes. When the song ends, we're hesitant to pull apart as our soft, loving eye contact soon turns to one of need and hunger.

Percy hastily closes the gap between us. From the way he kissed me, I knew he was hungry for more.

I move my hand down to mirror the one on the boy's hip.