Part 29

Percy's POV:

So here I am again, sat in front of Chiron.

'Now. May I ask what this thing is?' Chiron asks.

'Right...' Hazel says, handing him her phone.

He presses the video and just watches it as we sit in silence.

'Where is Di Angelo right now?' Chiron asks, looking up.

'He's in the Hades cabin sleeping.' I say.

'Alone?' Chiron asks.

"Yeah? Why?' Hazel says.

The centaur stands up and walks out.

Hazel and I glance at each other before running after the centaur.

We follow him as he walks into the Hades cabin. Before we've even caught up he walks out with a flailing figure over his arm, fighting for the centaur to release him.

"Nico won't let me near him. I suggest you both go in and ask him some things." Chiron says, walking off with the half dressed camper still flailing.

I almost push Hazel to the ground as I run past her and into the cabin.

Nico isn't in the bed space. I run to the bathroom and check there, still nothing. But as I begin to panic thinking that he's shadow travelled to Hades or Italy, I hear a very soft sob from the closet.

I look out the window and Hazel is still making her way here.

"Nico? Honey?"

I hear the closet let out a muffled sob.

"Can I open the door?" I ask gently. I haven't seen Nico as distressed since one of his flashbacks.

The door opens slightly and I take this as Nico trusting me enough to see him in such a state.

He's sat at the back hiding behind his hoodies.

"Hey. Wanna talk about it?"

Nico doesn't seem to be in any state to vocalise a response.

"Ok. Do you want to talk to me, to hazel or chiron? Thumbs up for me, thumbs down for hazel and in between for Chiron."

He puts a thumbs up.

"Are you okay with Hazel being in here while you tell me?"

He shakes his head, tears streaming down his face while he does so.