33. 𝘈𝘓𝘞𝘈𝘠𝘚 𝘉𝘠 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘚𝘐𝘋𝘌

ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE─────✧❅✦❅✧─────A few days prior to the present

ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE
─────✧❅✦❅✧─────
A few days prior to the present..

"Sorry to disturb you at this hour, sir. As you know, I am looking for Doctor Callun and Doctor Gallahan who were with me when I was young," you started. Endeavor listens attentively. "You promised to lend a helping hand locating them, correct?"

"That is correct. And?"

"I obtained a possible lead to locate one of them. So, I have a proposal to make."

Endeavor pauses briefly. "A possible lead?" He repeated to confirm, and you nod. "What is it?"

"Coordinates," you answered a bit confidently. "However, I don't have any means to confirm whether it could lead us to something, that's why I can only say it's a possibility."

The Pro Hero, with his cold turquoise eyes only stare at you quietly. You equally just stare him back in return, patiently waiting for his next words. "How did you acquire such information?"

"Someone tipped it off through a badly handwritten letter inside an envelope. Aizawa-sensei handed it to me personally during the Sports Festival."

"And where is this said envelope now?"
"I discarded it as soon as I memorized the contents."

Endeavor massages his forehead as if your response just gave him a headache. He sighs and slowly relaxes his shoulders. "I see.." He briefly nods and proceeds to sort some of the papers on his desk. "Let's hear about your proposal."

Now that your fiance learned about your past, there's no telling until when your engagement with Todoroki will last. Your best estimate is a month, maximum two months at most. Before that happens, you want to secure your freedom and safety. There's no telling when will the Commission strike from the shadows once you're out of Endeavor's protection.

"Before I say my proposal, will you tell me why I was chosen to be Shotō's fiancé? Why are we in an arranged marriage? Is it because of my Quirks?"

Endeavor stops whatever he's doing and looks at you again with a serious expression. The several questions caught him off guard, but he quickly rewinds the questions inside his head before debating whether to tell you the truth once and for all, or to leave the answering for another day.

Perhaps your unwavering stature and desire gives him the push to finally reveal the truth he has been holding for months. "It is because of your Quirks," he finally admitted. "But that's just one of the reasons why."

"Then..?"

It's as if there's something weighing him down for him to stop from continuing, but after a brief pause he continue his words. "Your father and I go way back since high school. Some things happened in the past and we both owe each other a big favor. Although it took me a while to finally take you under my wing, I'm still..." he trailed off and didn't continue.