26. 𝘉𝘓𝘜𝘌

BLUE─────✧❅✦❅✧─────

BLUE
─────✧❅✦❅✧─────

"The patient is in stable condition for now, however, we still need to wait until she wakes up for us to monitor her Quirk," the physician said as he looks at your records. "The patient is a special case. We haven't had a case this severe before, so we're grasping for any kind of information we can get to help her."

It has been a week since you were admitted. They ran several tests to diagnose your condition and conducted treatments. It was only when they decided to install back your limiters that your condition improved.

When the doctor finally leaves, Endeavor and Hawks lets out the breath they were holding.

"Your superiors were wrong to order to take off her limiters. Those contraptions are never meant to be taken off," Endeavor said as he analyzes your limiters quietly. "The Commission must be fretting from the lack of progress," he added.

Hawks remains silent as he looks at your peaceful figure. There wasn't anything amiss nor a single strand of hair out of place. You laid perfectly still, like a corpse that has been laid to rest. If it weren't for the rise and fall of your chest, anyone would assume you're dead.

"To be honest.. they're not fretting over this matter," Hawks replied, frowning at his own words. Endeavor makes a quick side glance at the younger Hero for his response but says nothing. "As you know, the Canadian Hero Commission shared their authority to Japan's Hero Commission regarding this kid. She's a tool that they can use whenever, and I'm ashamed to say that I merely watched it all happen."

"Are you saying you also knew about this child's case?" Endeavor narrows his turquoise eyes towards the younger male in suspicion.

Hawks nods firmly. "The first ever successful human to live after having several kinds of Quirks bioengineered into their DNA. It seems that the League of Villains also came up with the same idea, however.."