29. 𝘒𝘐𝘓𝘓𝘌𝘙 𝘐𝘕 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘊𝘐𝘛𝘠 (2)

KILLER IN THE CITY (2)
─────✧❅✦❅✧─────

Stain uses his blade to slice off the ice spikes like butter, dashing quickly to Todoroki's direction. You counter it with a blast of fire as you run forward to meet him, but Stain dodges it and runs past you, going for Todoroki instead.

The peppermint boy is quick to react by generating a burst of orange flame towards the villain's direction, but Stain is fast enough to dodge it in the nick of time while drawing out his katana, ready to cut off Todoroki's whole arm off.

By instinct, your feet moves before your brain registers what you need to do. Your hand extends in attempt to grab Stain away from Todoroki, but a blurry figure goes in between Todoroki and Stain, breaking off the blade in half. The recoil forcefully pushes Stain a few meters away from the two boys.

"It wore off. This guy's Quirk isn't so great after all," Todoroki commented as if he wasn't about to lose an arm a while ago.

There's a brief pause as Stain analyzes the situation. You take that opportunity to grab Todoroki's arm and pull him behind Iida, slightly feeling anxious about Stain's next move. "If Iida didn't recover in time, you could've lost that arm of yours!" you scolded. Todoroki slightly pouts at that.

"This had nothing to do with the three of you.. so, I'm sorry," Iida murmured, eyes dark and glaring at Stain. "That's why.. I will take him down on my own!"

"It's no use pretending," Stain answered. "A person's true nature is not so easily changed. You're a fake who prioritized his own selfish desires! A cancer on this society warped by 'heroes'. Someone needs to correct the system."

Stain's words got you thinking hard and quick. There's some sense in his words that you can't help but agree. After all, you're also one of the fakes he's talking about. Someone who pretends to be a hero despite killing thousands before, someone who's trying to blend in with the youths who truly want to become heroes.

However, there's nothing wrong with prioritizing one's own desires. In this situation, Iida's brother who he's been looking up to, his own role model into becoming a Hero, was crippled by a villain standing right in front of him.

If you were in Iida's situation, you would also seek vengeance. You won't even blink or let this opportunity pass by without killing him or inflicting the same amount of harm.

"You want to kill me?" Stain continued and sneered at Iida before moving his eyes to look at you. "You could've asked pointers from someone who has experience before coming to me," he added and gestures at your direction. "Either way, you're still wet behind the ears."