Bonus Chapter 2

Katherina's POV

Next morning

Last night, after dinner, I asked Nathan to go for a walk with me, where I told him about Nick's visit. Nathan did not question or asked me anything and quietly listened to me the entire time when I also informed him about my plan for tomorrow. I just kept looking at him after I was finished and he simply smiled at me and asked me to go back home ending the conversation.

Things turned out differently than I could have imagined. It has not been easy for anyone in the family, including Nick, but things have reached a point where no intervention will return the amount of time we have lost.

I woke up early to make sure Kathy and Nathan have everything they need before I leave. I woke Nathan up around 9 a.m., he opened his eyes but did not leave the bed until I had to leave.

"Call me if anything happens" Nathan told.

I stopped what I was doing to look at him, "I will, don't worry," I said, "Are you going to be okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Kathy will be at home today, so we'll be fine... I guess" Nathan said, smiling.

"Okay, sounds good but try not to kill each other"

"That I can't promise" Nathan said, making me chuckle. We walk out in living room, "Take care, tesoro" he said as he opened the door for me.

"You too, and tell Kathy that I'll try to get back as soon as possible and that she should call me if anything happens, and also eat properly" I waved him bye as I walked towards the main gate.

My gaze fell on Nick, who was dressed in blue denims and navy blue T-shirt, his eyes covered with black sunglasses, and from a distance he resembled Nathan from his 20s.

Nick hugged me, "You look lovely mom".

"Thanks my love"

He opened the car door for me, and we both got in car as he drove away.

"So, where are you taking me?" I asked.

"That's the surprise mom, you'll have to wait" he smiled.

It's both amazing and terrifying to see how much he looks like his father. Nick drove through the city while I just sat there staring out the window since he was continuously busy on his business calls.

"Sorry mom, they don't even leave me alone on weekends" he said as he hung up sixth call he had attended in such short period of time.

"You must stay very busy then?"

"Not very much, but yeah..." he said as he looked at me.

"So, you didn't tell me. Did you come here for some business?"

"No, I came for you. I needed to show you something I'd been working on for a long time and it's finally ready, so the first thing I did was take the flight and see you" he told me, I nodded giving him a lil smile, "Mom?"

"Hmm"

"You don't seem happy to see me," he said out of nowhere, shocking me.

"What? Why would you say that?" I furrowed my brows.

"No, just... I felt..."

"There hasn't been a single minute when I haven't desperately longed to see you... even after all these years, I still look forward to see you every day" it was difficult to put my feeling into words.

"I'm sorry, mom" He grabbed my hand, "Please forget I ever said that" he squeezed my hand. Before I could say anything, his phone rang again, making him curse in anger, "I told you not to fucking disturb me today! I gave you one thing to do, and you can't even handle that!! Let me reconsider the position I gave you-