Episode 11

Katherina POV

Kayle arrived early in the morning to check on Nathan and informed me that he is recovering quickly. He can now sit and walk, but it will take some time for his right arm to fully recover, but the facture bandage was removed today, which relieved Nathan of his discomfort with his arm being stuck.

After Kayle left, I shaved Nathan's long beard and bathe him before getting ready for office.

After so many days, we finally sit down to eat breakfast together at table.

I was relieved to see Nathan feeling much better, and he told me that Jason and Franco would be dropping by in the afternoon to hang out, which was great since he wouldn't have to be alone while I was in the office and Nick was at school.

I went to the office after dropping Nick off at school today.

I stood up from my seat and stepped away from my desk to attend a team meeting. I waited outside because Mr. Ruiz was already in a conference room with both teams, giving them an overview of the entire project.

I walked around the hall talking and discussing what everyone else was doing to make the most of my time as I waited for the seminar to end.

"Hey" I turned around, and saw Evan standing behind me. He extended one of the coffee cups in his hands, "Hope a little sugar is okay with you," he said and handed me the cup.

"Thank you"

"Anytime," he motioned me to join him in walking around the hall, "I thought I was late for the meeting and I'm going to get scolded by you," he joked.

"No, you're fine," I assured him. "By the way, why did you came to the country so early. Didn't we meet three or four days before the conference day?" I inquired of him.

"Oh yeah, actually, one of my cousins lives here, I don't remember the town's name. I went to visit him but then returned early to acquaint myself with the surroundings, but obviously I messed up," he explained.

"Oh gosh, how long are you gonna keep bringing that?" I asked him.

"Seriously, although I had only spoken with Mr. Ruiz about the project, I knew that the CEO of Pierce enterprises is Nathan Pierce and his wife Katherina Pierce, but that day when I saw you at the pizza place, you looked like a rich college student getting pizzas and a cold drink for a girl night out or some party..." Evan made me laugh with his imagination.

"Those pizzas were for my four-year-old son," I explained to Evan. He came to a halt and stared at me with wide eyes.

"You have a son!" he repeated rather loudly in shock making me laugh at his expression, "Oh my god... When did you get married? At 16?" he said looking totally clueless, "Please don't tell me that you are above 25" He scrunched his brows at me.

"Actually I'm way above 25," I told him and he kept glaring at me.

"Dude what do Italian people eat, I wanna have that too," he said sipping his coffee.

When Mr. Ruiz finished the seminar, he called us. Evan and I entered the conference room, took our seats, and the meeting began.

"I'm not kidding but I'm getting sleepy now" Evan whisper leaning to my side.

The meeting lasted longer than we had expected. Evan's team was spending a lot of time discussing about the project with each other rather than holding an open discussion so we could come up with a solution, which was getting tiring for me as well.

I didn't say anything back to Evan and kept looking at my laptop.

"Alright teams," Evan abruptly stood up, and everyone's attention was drawn to him. "With sir's and Katherina's permission, I suggest continuing this meeting next week until then everyone gets some time to have team discussions as well," Evan suggested, and my team agreed without waiting for me to say anything, I think they were bored as well.