Episode 7

Katherina POV

"Is it important to go?" I asked Nathan not letting him go.

Nathan holds me tighter in his arms hugging me and sway me lightly, "I'll never leave you baby if it's not important" he murmurs softly against my head.

"I know..." I pull away to look at his face, Nathan kept his arms around my lower back holding me closer to him, "It just that you spend so less time with us nowadays... I miss you" I murmur softly looking in his deep ocean blue eyes.

"You have no idea baby, how much I miss you. C'mon now don't make it hard for me to leave" he said, I pull away from him completely wiping my teary eyes not making it hard for him as he asked.

"Okay, take care of yourself" I breathed out holding back my tears, "I love you"

Nathan step closer to me and kissed me hard, "I love you so much tesoro" he breathes against my lips and peck my lips once again before walking out of the door leaving for his work.

It's never easy when he leaves; even after all these years, I still haven't gotten into the habit of living without him or spending a single day without him, but he has to leave for work, and I realize that he has responsibilities as The Don, so whether I like it or not, he has to fulfill them.

I entered the bedroom and laid on the bed, even though I had to leave for work, I was in no mood to get up and get ready. I was scrolling through my gallery looking at the pictures from vacations when my phone rang.

When I saw it was from the office, I instantly picked up the call.

"Hello Katherina, hope I'm not disturbing you," Mr. Ruiz said on the other side.

"Good morning Mr. Ruiz" I got up from the bed and walk near the door going out in the living room where I heard Nick's voice, "No... absolutely not. Please tell me". I saw Nick having his breakfast and nonstop talking to Rosie ready to leave for school.

"So, while you were away for the weekend without consulting you I went ahead and sent our proposal to Smith's..." my whole attention went to what Mr. Ruiz was saying making my heart beat faster because I worked so hard for this one project.

"And... what happen?" I was so desperate to get this partnership for the Pierce Enterprise, it wouldn't only change the company's status in Italy but we can aim all over the world if we got this partnership deal.

"And I just received a call from Smith enterprises..." Mr. Ruiz was creating suspense almost giving me a heart attack, " and they found our proposal very interesting and they want to meet with you in person"

"Yes!" I screamed excitedly making Nick and Rosie look at me with confusion, "Sorry sir"

"It's okay Katherina, you have worked so hard for this project you deserve to celebrate your victory but for that, you have to come to the office, everybody is waiting for you," Mr. Ruiz said politely.

"We still have to go a long way Mr. Ruiz but thanks a lot, this is great news. I'll reach the office in forty minutes and then we will plan what we want to do next" I told him.

"Sure, we are waiting for you" Mr. Ruiz and cut the call.

I went straight to Nick and hugged him tightly placing a lot of kisses on his face.

"Mommy..." he complained and pull back from me, I look at his angry face, "You messed my hair mom..." he said shocking me.

"Alright, I'm sorry, I didn't know you are going for a photo shoot," I said to him which made Rosie burst into laughter which made me and Nick burst into laughter as well, even though he didn't understand what I said.