Episode 29

Katherina POV

I stopped fighting with Chris the moment I found out I was pregnant. I can't afford to do anything stupid that could harm my unborn child.

I decided to stay quiet and not do anything that would make Chris angry, and it worked to a point when I started getting food and water that I needed to make sure my baby was healthy.

I hadn't seen Chris since that day, and it was also relieving because I didn't want to see him either.

When I was caged here, the first few days seemed to pass slowly, but since finding out I'm pregnant, the time has been flying by, and it's eating me up because the longer I'm here stuck with Chris, the less time Nathan will have with our baby, which I don't want to happen but I'm out of all the options.

The only way I can bring Nathan closer to the baby is to keep him in my thoughts at all times. I keep on thinking about all of our beautiful memories together so that I could stay mentally strong, which will have a direct impact on our baby, so I just want to remember all of the wonderful times Nathan and I have spent together over the year. It helped me in keeping my mood light and removing stress from my mind because I can't fight it any other way.

My baby motivated me to write about the good things for Nathan so that I can feel as if I'm talking to him and he is right here with me.

I grabbed the diary and pen from the cupboard and started pouring my heart out for my husband and our baby Nick.

My dear husband and my love Nick....

I miss you both, every single second. Nathan, if you are reading this, promise me you'll never let Nick see this diary because I don't want him to know certain things I'm going to write, though please tell him I love him more than my life, that he is the best baby in the world, and that I'm so lucky to have him...

And for you, I have a lot to tell you...

But first, I'll start with SORRY.

Sorry for fighting with you, for pushing you away, and for not being a good wife...

I continued to pour my heart out on these pages of the diary, telling Nathan everything that had happened in these past weeks here with me. I didn't want to hide anything from him, so I started telling him everything from the moment I called him several times to tell him I'm coming home but he didn't pick up my calls. I wrote how the days are passing in this cage, and also about the worst and best times in my life that I get to live here. I wrote about the time I decided to end my life to the moment I found out I was pregnant with our second child.

I wrote everything down in the diary, which really helped me to keep my mind sane inside these prison walls.

I haven't felt the breeze in so long, I haven't seen the sun, and I haven't breathed peacefully even once since I got here. To keep the diary away from everyone else's dirty hands, whenever someone came into the room to give me food or for anything else, I hid it under the mattress.

One day, I was placing my clothes inside the cupboard, trying to keep moving so that sitting idle didn't affect the baby, but it was difficult since I didn't have much energy in my body. I placed the last item in the cupboard when I heard the door click at an unexpected time.

I turned around and saw Chris's face, which scared me because I didn't want to get into an argument with him since I know what he can do to me and he doesn't think twice before raising his hands on me.

He grabbed the chair and moved it to the center of the room, in front of a stool. He picked the side table as well and placed it next to the chair, and put some bottles and cotton on it.