Episode 23

Katherina POV

I was in a meeting with the teams, discussing projects. Evan's team was giving a presentation, and I was sitting with Mr. Ruiz, discussing some points since it was a crucial part of the project, and that is why I need to be here so badly.

I was engaged in the presentation, but something Nathan said to me before I left for the office kept replaying in my thoughts, barely suppressing the smile on my face.

Since the day I returned home from my hometown, there has never been a single moment when I didn't miss Nathan, and it made me realize how much I've grown dependent on him, to the point where it's become a habit to see him waiting for me when I get home from work, The tight hug and kiss he placed on top of my head every day before I leave for work, the way after dinner we go for a walk or go to the roof to spend some time cuddling and just talking about our day and then falling asleep in each other's arms, I was missing all of it a lot and I can imagine Nathan missing all of it too, which is why he chose to stay drunk to forget his pain.

"Katherina?" Mr. Ruiz's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah,"

"I think both teams are ready, and we should go ahead" Mr. Ruiz stated looking at the presentation, which had already ended and I had missed the end part of it.

"Yeah, can I just go over it again and then make a decision?" I questioned everyone on the bench.

"Yes, obviously, even I need to look at it once before making a final decision" Evan saved me by agreeing with my statement.

"All right, then, we'll gather here in half an hour," I replied, and everyone nodded their heads in agreement. I stood up from my seat, picked up my laptop, and walked out of the conference room.

I headed towards my office and stopped in front of Natalia's desk "Can you please call the cafeteria and tell them to get me a cup of coffee?". I walked into my office after Natalia nodded her head yes.

I sigh deeply as I slump in my chair. Nathan took over my body last night, and now he's taken over my thoughts as well.

"Your coffee, ma'am."

"Oh, tha..." I look up when I recognize who was talking, "Evan... you didn't have to do this," I told him as he placed two coffee cups on the desk.

"It's OK," he said cheerfully, "May I sit?"

"Of course," I said, motioning towards the chair.

"I figured if we're going through the presentation again, why can't we do it together?" Evan cocked an eyebrow as he took the seat in front of me, "Hope you don't mind?"

"Of course not," I muttered, leaning back in my chair, getting ready to concentrate on the screen in front of me when my phone rang.

I checked the ID and it was none other than my husband, I muted the phone and flipped it over to hide the screen.

"You can pick the call, don't mind me," Jason said.

"Oh, it's ok. "Let's finish this first," I suggested to Evan, and we began discussing about the project.

The office phone rang hardly five minutes later.

"Excuse me," I said to Evan before picking up the phone.

"There's only a half-hour left..." Nathan's voice made me close my eyes, "You said you'd be home in two hours," he added.

"I will, but only if you let me work," I told him.

"Katherina, if it goes up even a minute, I'll come to your office and bring you out, and you won't say anything to me," Nathan warned.

"All right, I won't," I replied, "Can I work now?" I asked Nathan.