Episode 17

Katherina POV

My mind was blank and my body was numb, I didn't know what to do or how to react after Nathan walked out on me. The only feeling I had was a heavyweight on my chest.

"Are you all alright?"

How can Nathan do this to me?

"Katherina!" Alessia shook me, jolting me out of my head. My gaze went to her, and I saw the look of pity in her eyes. "I hope this isn't too painful" she murmured as she applied ointment to the cut on my forehead, the cut stung tremendously when she tried to clean it, but everything else paled in comparison to the pain in my chest, "Katherina... please say something, it's breaking my heart looking at you like this"

"I'm okay"

"You don't look okay," she said.

"Where is Evan?" I asked, blinking away my tears as I ignored her pity gaze.

"Greg took him to hospital"

"Hospital?"

Alessia grabbed my hands, trying to give me strength, "Yeah, he had some severe injuries, so guys took him to the hospital" she explained. The thing she told me made me feel so guilty that I couldn't even meet her gaze and avoided her gaze by looking to the side.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry for everything" I broke down completely, "It's all my fault" my head hung low with shame.

"Hey, hey... look at me" Alessia grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her, "It's not your fault, okay. Nobody is to blame, but..." I knew what she was going to say, but I waited to hear her say the name, "but only Nathan's..." and she did.

She is right, it's nobody's fault but Nathan's, but he's my husband, he was here because of me, none of this would have happened if he hadn't followed me here.

I got up from the chair, because I needed answers from Nathan.

"Where are you going?" Alessia grabbed my arm to stop me, but I step away from her and yelped because of the unbearable pain that hit my entire body.

"Ahh!!"

"Sit down Katherina! You're not going anywhere!" Alessia screamed at me.

"I have to go," I told her to let me go, but she wouldn't let me, "I need to go see Nathan"

"No, you're not going anywhere, especially to that man" Alessia sneered angrily to me, but I ignored her.

I pick up my bag and move away from her, taking support of the wall, "I'm sorry but I have to go, I need to talk to him" I told her and took a small step towards the door.

"Katherina, you can't even walk properly" Alessia came in front of me to stop me.

"Just help me to my car and I'll manage after that... please" I requested her and finally she agreed.

"Alright, give me your hand" she helped me out of the venue to my car.

I turn my head one last time to look towards the wrecked party place, which was lively before Nathan came and ruined everything. I started the engine and drove away. I was pissed off, my head was filled up with all that had happened, and it was becoming difficult for me to control my anger, so I picked up my phone and dialed Marco's number.

"Hello"

"Where is Nathan?" I asked him.

"How can I know where Boss is?" he said in a firm voice

"Stop lying to me and tell me where the fuck he is!" I don't regret talking to him like that because I was tired of everyone lying to me and treating me like a rag.