Episode 32

Katherina POV

It looks like my plan worked, after my talk with Chris, I notice a shift around the mansion. It's not that I'm fully free to do whatever I want or walk out of the main gate but the watch on me has a limit to out of the doors.

I was sitting on the living room balcony, just to keep an eye on the main gate, when I saw Chris's car approaching. I notice he looks frustrated and in anger as he exited the car and walked inside the mansion.

"Where is Katherina?" I heard his rough voice when he asked the guard about me.

I slide the door open when Chris's eyes met mine and he walked straight towards me, and before I can step out of the balcony, he grabbed my hand in a tight grip and started dragging me upstairs towards the bedroom.

"Chris... Chris... stop!" I tried to free my wrist but his hold on my wrist was too strong, "Let me go! What are you doing?!".

As soon as we entered the room he let my hand go and shut the door. I took a step back to make some distance between us, at that moment, all I could think of was about the safety of my baby and I wanted to be ready if something happens.

"I'm going to fucking kill Nathan!" Chris exclaimed, and my whole body went cold, "Your husband is getting on my fucking nerves, and I'm going to put an end to it soon!!" he screamed angrily at top of his lungs.

Hearing the venom he spit out of his mouth for my Nathan, I fisted my fists to keep my rage in control and stay put, even though all I wanted to do was to choke him to death, but that can't happen so I stopped myself, "Chris, you need to calm down..."

"He has ruined my life completely Katherina! Every time I want something he comes in my way and snatches that away from me!" Chris started to roam around in the room, "I always tried so hard to be the don but he never let me get to a good position in the mafia and I had to just stay as his sidekick all my life, he even snatched my mother's love from me and then you..." Chris came to halt and looked right at me with hatred and vengeance in his eyes, "I did everything I could to win you over but every time I came a little close to you, he came in between and fucked everything up!" Chris stomped towards me, making me back up and clutch the bed's edge. I didn't know what he is going to do just when he abruptly hugged me "Tell me, Katherina, that this time he won't take you away from me. Tell me you'll live and die with me, for me..." He was literally crushing my body with his grasp, "Tell me Katherina..." he insisted desperately.

"Yes..." I breathe out, dying inside, "N-no one can take me away from the man I love..." I pour out my heart for my Nathan.

Chris pulled back, and I noticed tears in his eyes, which confused me, but I didn't react, and then another shocking thing happened when he dropped on his knees in front of me and placed his hand over my stomach, which disgusted me.

"I will raise this child as my own Katherina, I swear I'll give this kid everything he ever needs..." he said, shattering the thin wall I had built inside of me, and I flood with millions of emotions, which eventually brought tears to my eyes because I was missing Nathan extremely much, "I will never let you miss Nathan even for a second...ever..." I wiped my tears as Chris was about to get up.

For another ten minutes, he kept on blurting his thoughts, which I had already stopped listening to a while ago. It was becoming increasingly difficult to stand this close to him, but I had no choice but to be patient.

Almost after twenty-thirty minutes, Chris walked out of the room. My entire body was burning from his touch, and at the same time, I was numb from what I had heard from him. I didn't wait much longer and walked straight into the bathroom, turning on the cold shower and letting the water pour over me.