Episode 9

Katherina POV

"But this can't be it... there must be something that we are missing..." I was getting very frustrated with every passing second. Even after spending seven hours on this project, there was a loophole that can ruin everything we have planned for.

"Ma'am we have already reviewed it twice and we still can't figure out what is it..." Fred, one of the new members of the team told me.

I was feeling defeated, after everything I have put in this project at the end time, it's all crap. We have nothing to present in front of the team of Smith Enterprises who are coming tomorrow for the meeting.

My mind was completely blank, I have thousands of things running in my mind at once which is making it hard for me to concentrate on anyone completely, doesn't matter how hard I try I can't concentrate since my mind keeps telling me that I should be home with my husband who needs me right now and my child but I was here at office stuck at one place not knowing how to move forward and it was just annoying me.

I placed my hand on the desk and hung my head low in disappointment.

"Katherina, it's okay. We still have time to figure this out, don't stress" Mr. Ruiz said to me.

"How can I not stress out sir? It's already eight o'clock and we have a meeting in less than 15 hours and here we are unable to understand where are we lacking?" I said to the whole team who was standing in my office for the past two hours trying to resolve this issue but we got nothing, "We don't have anything to present tomorrow to the team" I lost every hope.

I slump down on the chair on the verge of crying thinking about the wrong I was doing with Nathan at this point which was eating me inside, "Everybody out" I murmur, and immediately everybody got up and walked out of my office leaving everything as it is.

I don't know what happens to me I put my face in my hands and tears start to stream down my face. I remember when I called Nathan to talk to him and tell him that I was going to be late tonight he tried to sound normal but I knew from the change in his voice how much he was disappointed with it.

After giving myself some time I recollect myself and started again just to finish it as soon wanting to go back home to my husband and child. I wipe my face and sit straight and start to check all the files from the starting.

Nathan has given me the strength to finish it no matter how but I was wanted to go back home but only after finishing this. I went through everything again and again until I finally caught the issue.

I didn't waste a second and start working on my presentation for tomorrow when it was almost done I checked the time, it was already ten and after so many hours of being awake, my body starts to give up due to exhaustion.

I shut down my laptop and left the office going home. I have an important day tomorrow for which I have to be all prepared, I haven't closed my eyes even for a few minutes in the past twenty hours but I was so ready for the meeting.

_________

I reached home and all the lights were out, I put my stuff on the couch, and first I went upstairs to my baby. Nick was sleeping peacefully in his bed, I placed a kiss on his head and quietly walk out of his room.

I made no sound since I didn't want Nathan to wake up and walk into the bedroom shutting the door silently.

"You are late" a rough voice made my step halt.

Suddenly a light turns on and I saw Nathan sitting on the bed.

"What are you doing babe?" I put my bag on the chair nearby and step towards him, "You should be sleeping by now" I said to him.