Episode 13

Katherina POV

A week later

Nathan has fully recovered, he can now walk, sit, and do all of his choro without difficulty, only the scars from his bruises are remain to fade. Kayle examined Nathan and cleared his report and after that, the nurse left.

The weekend was approaching, and it seemed like the right time to take some time for myself after such a busy and stressful week.

I had ignored all the feelings about that night and resumed back to normal with Nathan. We don't even bring it up and behave as if nothing happened. I put extra effort to be at home on time so as not to infuriate Nathan at all.

Nathan left for work in the morning and informed me he will be back soon. I was concerned about him going to work in this condition and situation, but I didn't dare to stop him.

My mind relaxes seeing Nick who was playing in the living room, I sat with him for a while to spend time with him before going into the kitchen to make a chocolate cake for Nick after he told me he wants to eat a cake.

I was in the kitchen with Rosie, making a cake for Nick when he came running in the kitchen, "Mom, look I made this" he said showing me the lego house he made.

"It's wonderful, sweety," I bent down and placed a kiss on his head, he smiled and walked around Rosie, grabbed the chocolate, and ran away, making us laugh.

I put the batter in the oven and help Rosie in cleaning the kitchen before I walked into the living room and sit with Nick. I was watching Nick play with his Legos when I had a thought. It's been a long time since I've seen my parents, and Nick keeps nagging me to go see them, and right now one thing that I wanted the most is some time away from all the chaos.

I had decided to visit my hometown for some days, but I needed Nathan's permission before I began packing.

After a while, Nick ran out into the yard to play. I entered the bedroom and went to the closet to fold the laundry. I neatly arranged my clothes in my wardrobe before opening Nathan's wardrobe to put his clothes where I noticed the locket hanging on the side, which I had given him.

It still hard to believe that so much time had passed, although it seems like yesterday when I gave him this locket.

"So, here you are" I step back when I heard Nathan's voice, he walks in and wrapped his right arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. He had a big smile on his face as he leans down and kissed me, "It's amazing to see your face after getting back home" he murmured against my lips, capturing my lips for another kiss.

Nathan pull back and surprised me with a flower bouquet.

"Thank you" I took the bouquet from his hand and smell the flowers.

We walked out of the closet, "So, what did you do today?" Nathan asked me.

"I baked a chocolate cake" I answered as I put flowers in the vase.

"Cake!" Nathan exclaimed, "I want to eat cake," he said childishly making me smile.

We both exited the room, I went into the kitchen to check the cake, while Nathan went outside to where Nick was playing.

I took the cake out and set it aside for some time. I walked up to the glass door to watch Nick chase after his father, who was pretending to run away from him while Nick chased him around the yard screaming at the top of his lungs before Nathan fell and Nick caught him. Nathan lifted him in the air and sway him, making him laugh loudly.

Nathan's gaze was drawn to me, and he motioned for me to come outside, but I refused. Nathan said something in Nick's ear and put him to the ground as he ran towards me.