Episode 35

Nathan POV
Three days later

I was on my way home after doing something that I should have done a long time back but since Katherina and I, are going to welcome a new life in this world I didn't want to wait anymore and today I have finally left the mafia and cut all my ties with anything has to do with it completely.

After feeling the pain of losing Katherina, now I have realized that I am ready to lose anything in life but I can't lose Katherina. The mafia has done nothing but put her life in danger and I can't let it happen ever again.

My family is most important to me and I don't want my children to grow up in this threat because if anything happens to them, I'll die. I asked capo to let me go and he didn't even question me once and just hugged me and blessed me for my life ahead.

I was in my thoughts when my phone rang and I saw Franco's name flashing, "Yes man".

"I got a call from Jason and he told me what you did. Do you really think that I'm the right person for this?" he asked me.

"Yes, you are the perfect person for this and that's why I passed all my responsibilities and authority to you," I told him, "I know you'll do it, I've full faith in you man"

"And you? What about you? You wanted this all your life-

"The only I want is my family... that's it" I felt really good saying that out loud.

"Nathan, I'm really happy for you brother, and remember that I'll be always there when you need me"

"Thanks, man"

"I also called to inform you that I did what you asked me to do. The whole mansion has been abolished to the ground and while it was getting checked for the last time, somebody found something that I think you should have" Franco said and even though I wanted to drive straight home, I took a U-turn.

"I'm on my way," I said and cut the call.

When I reached there Franco was waiting for me outside the mansion.

"What is it?" I asked him. He took something out of the dashboard and walked over to me.

"This... I thought that you should see it" Franco handed me a diary which doesn't belong to me, "Don't take it home..." Franco said looking at the diary making me look up at him frowning at him, "I think it's Katherina's... she wrote it..." he said it, and my entire body shivered.

"Thanks, man, I'll see you soon" I hugged Franco before getting in my car and driving out of there.

I kept driving until I reached the only place where I feel Katherina's presence even when she is not with me. I got out of the car and walked over to the beach over to our favorite spot.

Even though my hands were shivering and it took me a lot of time to gather the courage to open the diary but then I finally open the first page and start reading it.

As I kept turning pages the burden on my chest kept getting heavy. The sun was setting right in front of me just like my heart was sinking deep in pain and anguish reading about the hell my Katherina has lived through.

The lines got empty but my heart got so full that I felt like it was about to explode, I just sat there staring blankly towards the ocean as tears kept streaming down my eyes.

The ringing of my phone broke my stare, as I took my phone out of my pocket and saw Katherina's name flashing on it. It took me a while before I finally attend the call.

"Hello Nathan, where are you?" I heard Katherina's voice and I felt extreme emotions inside me ready to break out. I wanted to scream and cry loudly, but I just sat silently having no reply for her. "Hello baby, can you hear me?" I heard her voice getting worried.