Episode 26

Nathan POV

I was dying because I was unable to find my wife. There wasn't a single place I didn't look for her. It's been over twenty-four hours and I still have no clue where she could be.

"Man, I got something" I instantly got up when I heard Franco.

"What?"

"This is the last person she was last seen with" Franco handed me a picture of a guy, and I recognized him in an instant.

"I know him, he is Katherina's new business partner," I said, my jaw clenched, recalling the moment Katherina became angry at me because of him.

"I know where he lives," Franco said, and I knew exactly what I had to do now.

"Let meet him"

Franco, Jason, and I headed with my men to get Katherina. I knew this guy was bad news from the beginning, especially after Katherina went against me because of him. That was the day I decided he will die with my hands, and today is going to be his last day.

We got out of the car and headed inside the building. Jason, Franco, and I got into the lift to his floor. As time passed, my heart began to race, I was desperate to see Katherina's face, and even a second felt like an eternity. The lift door opened and I walked straight to his apartment, followed by Jason and Franco.

I knock on the door because I didn't want him to realize that something terrible is about to happen to him.

The door opened and I saw his face, "You?" he was shocked seeing me standing out of his door.

I grabbed his throat and walked him back inside the apartment, pushed him hard and he fell on the sofa seat. I pulled out my gun and pointed it straight at him.

"Where is my wife?!" I got ready to fire the bullet.

"W-what? I don't know! Put the g-gun down-

"Answer me!! Where is Katherina!!!!" I grabbed his t-shirt and put the gun on his forehead.

"I don't know..." he murmurs fearfully.

I looked at Jason, who had just walked out of one of the rooms, he shook his head. I looked over at Franco, who walked out of the other side, and he shook his head as well, telling me that they hadn't found anything inside.

"I'll empty all the bullets in your head if you didn't tell me where Katherina is!" I shouted hardly able to stop myself.

"I-I honestly don't know where she is" he whispered in terror.

"You were the last guy she met before she disappeared!!" I yelled, ramming the gun's barrel on his forehead.

"Ahhh... please..." he screamed out in pain, "I-I had talked to h-her before she left to go home early, and I haven't seen her since..."

"What have you two talked about!?" I asked him, "What did she say to you!?"

"You... we talked about you, she... she seemed a little lost during the meeting, so I went to her office to check," the guy began telling me, "S-she told me that fighting with you is bothering her and she regrets arguing with you..." As I hear him telling me about what Katherina has told him, my hand slips from his t-shirt and I back down. "She told me she's going to forget everything that happened between you two and make everything like before..." the guy said, and I didn't realize tears were streaming down my face, "She left early from the office to plan a surprise for you, and I haven't spoken to her since... the weekend was near, and I assumed you were both having a good time together, so I didn't even call her to know how she was doing." I sank to my knees on the floor, hating not being there for her, regretting not picking up her call when she called, regretting letting her down.