chapter sixty four

Start from the beginning

I took another few hits of the blunt and flicked it out on stage, knowing I would go back and clean it up when the show was over. I let the crowd rage for a minute before I looked at Travis and he sported the biggest smile on his face. Turning back to the crowd, I yelled in the mic, "What the fuck is up, L.A.?"

The crowd cheered once more and I could hear some fans screaming out 'I love yous'. So of course I said I love you back.

"I love you guys. But I hate to break it to you, after all we've been through.. I'm sorry to be that girl but.. We can never be friends." I said, timing the 'we can never be friends' perfectly with the song.

I sang 'we can never be friends' 'Angels and Demons' 'Girl Like U' before it was time for Emily and I's song together. The tone changed into a little more hip hop and the crowd seemed to quiet down and listen to the beat and lyrics.

"This song, this song I wrote with one of my best friends. It comes out next week." I said before I began rapping my part of the verse.

"I wrote this song as a message for help on behalf of anybody finding they self. I wrote this letter to numb your pain, 'Cause everyday I wake up, I'm feelin' the same. I got issues just like you got issues. I've been hurt, I seen the scar tissue. If I showed you, would you run away? Do I gotta hide 'em for you to wanna stay? Do I, even need you, should I leave you? Do I, gotta be you, just to please you? Do I, say I'm all good, when I bleed you Through my heart, quit tearing mine apart..."

Emily came out, singing the chorus like an angel. She walked confidently towards me, looking at the large crowd with happiness in her eyes, "I shout, I swear, I get angry, I get scared. I fall, I break, I mess up, I make mistakes. But if you can't take me at my worst. You don't deserve me at my best!"

Emily and I sang and rapped the song, acting goofy with one another and creating a good vibe on stage. I could tell Emily was having fun on stage and it warmed my heart. We finished the song and Emily and I hugged, her small body shaking a little and I hugged her a little tighter.

"You're doing yourself proud, bestie." I told her. We both turned to the fans and bowed. Emily made her way backstage as the lights on the stage dimmed and a fairytale setting popped out. There was a large willow tree with its branches curved over a tree stump. Around was a mix of purple, blue and pink flowers. with some tall grass. The lights embedded in the tree to shine on me were pink and white.

I walked over to it and sat down on the tree stump. I turned to look backstage, one of the stage hands throwing me a water and I took a few sips, easing the burning and raw feeling in my throat. I tossed it back to him before clearing my throat.

"I wrote this song for my future wife." I smiled into the mic, looking backstage and locking eyes with Chloe, "and for our unborn child."

"Yeah, It's been six days since the last time I saw your face and you asked my sign. I told you mine, I questioned why And you said, "Everything's aligned." On the first day, you told me I was your twin flame from a past life and tonight, the moon is full so take me anywhere outside. I cannot kiss you yet, you're magic so I'll just stare at you instead. I get insecure and panic 'Cause I know you're too pure for this." I let the words tumble out of my mouth, feeling a little shaky since this song meant so much to me and it was so raw and personal.

"You're too good for me. I'm too bad to keep. I'm too sad, lonely. I want you only." I closed my eyes and sang out, opening them and locking eyes with Chloe.

I walked towards back stage and grabbed Chloe's hand. The ginger bit her lip and let me drag her on the stage.

"Ayy, I got six ways to say that I fell in love with you at first sight. I wish that I could frame the way you look at me with those eyes. Freeze time, baby, rewind, maybe ask you earlier, "Be mine" See, I didn't understand Deja vu 'til I met you." I spun her around as we danced to the melody. I remember the time in the studio where we fucked to this song, expressing a totally different side of our love. Right now, right here on this stage, we were expressing a whole other side.

"You're too good for me. I'm too bad to keep. I'm too sad, lonely. I want you only."

The beat faded a little as a voicemail between Chloe and I played and she cupped my cheeks, leaning in and kissing me passionately. The fans hollered and cheered. I reached up and cupped her cheek, rubbing my thumb against her soft skin.

"Go to sleep. I'll see you in my dreams. This changes everything. Now I have to set you free..." I sang lightly, stepping back from her and put my microphone on the stand and caught my pink electric guitar that was thrown to me, strumming out the fierce and emotional solo. I walked back to Chloe and continued playing. The ginger walked around me, trailing her nails across my shoulders, an army of goosebumps rising. She stopped in front of me again and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I rested my forehead against hers as my chest rose and fell heavily. Chloe wrapped her arms around me tighter and I rubbed my head against hers a little, pulling her closer by her waist. There was so much emotion and feeling that I don't think either one of us could put it into words.

"I love you." We both settled on, knowing it wasn't enough to convey how we both were feeling in this moment, but it took some of the pressure off. It had to be enough.

a/n: more of a filler. the fluff between chloe and y/n is cute. i'm thinking some smut next chapter, maybe some irrational decision making... who knows. as always thanks for reading! 

songs used - Titus: Miss Misery, Mgk ft Hailee Steinfeld: At My Best, Mgk: twim flame

songs mentioned - Mgk: we can never be friends, Mgk: Girl Like U, Jxdn: Angels and Demons