Road Trip: Part Two

A few hours later you reach Chicago, you've never been. 

You look around at the bright lights of the city, much different than Hawkins. 

As you and Gareth both pull up to the motel you're staying at, you drop off Eddie at the front to check in, it's about early evening at this point. 

You pull away and you and Gareth park right next to each other. 

Climbing out, you stretch your back and when you look up your eyes meet Gareth's and he smiles at you. 

"Great driving Mrs. Munson." He says as he gives you a high five. 

You look at him puzzled, "Mrs. Munson? ". You ask, Gareth just keeps the smile on his face. 

"Since you're traveling with Eddie, he doesn't want anyone messing with you, so he told all of us to call you that." 

You nod, thinking that that's the cutest thing on the planet.

Once you guys get your rooms adjusted, you open the curtains to see the skyline of Chicago, the sunset sitting peacefully over the buildings. 

You stare at it in awe, "It's beautiful right?" Eddie says, coming up behind you as he wraps his arms around your waist. 

You nod, "It's gorgeous, I've always wanted to go to a big city." You say as you rest your arms over his.

He leans over and kisses you on the cheek, you start to squirm in his embrace. 

Feeling this, he loosens his grip on you. "Are you okay, princess?" He asks with concern. 

"Yes, it's just, I just spent hours sitting in a van that has no air conditioning, I'm sweaty and gross." You whine. 

Eddie just chuckles and turns you around to face him.

"Then go shower, you deserve it." He says as he kisses your head. "I'm going to go hang out with the guys while you shower, is that okay?" He asks. 

You smile up at him and nod, "Yes, go ahead, Mrs. Munson will be waiting here for you." 

You smile and kiss him deeply, him snaking his arms back around your waist. 

"Mrs. Munson? You heard about that huh?" He said nervously, you giggle and nod. 

"I'm your girlfriend, you can't keep anything from me. Plus I don't mind being your wife." You say as you place your hands on his shoulders. 

"Speaking of that.." Eddie says as he sits out down on the edge of the bed. 

"I..I know it's not much, but I got you this to wear, if you want it." 

Out of his pocket he pulls out a small ring, It's silver and has a small diamond on the middle. 

"Eddie, you said yourself a week ago that we're too young for that

"Eddie, you said yourself a week ago that we're too young for that." You sigh at him. 

"Well, you're never too young to have a fake wife, right? Kindergartners fake marry each other all the time!