The Surprise

"Babe! Where are you?" Eddie calls as we walks into the auditorium. 

"In here!" You call back from the stage where you're helping set up the D&D table for the Hellfire Club campaign after school.

Eddie finally reaches you and shoots an immediate smile, you put your hand out to stop him from getting any closer. 

"Why can't I come near you?" He pouted. 

"I'm setting up a surprise for Hellfire, and that includes you! You can't peek, even if you're my boyfriend." You smile as you start rummaging through your backpack.

He raises an eyebrow. "A surprise? For the Hellfire Club?" He asks curiously. 

"If the surprise is its existence you might be a little late there, princess." He joked as you roll your eyes. 

"Look I know I don't play, but I always hang out when you guys do and since it's our anniversary coming up.." You walk over to him, standing on your tippy toes to kiss him. 

He wraps his arms around your waist and kisses you softly. "..I thought I'd do something special."

He smiles at you, biting his lip. "I don't know how I feel about that. Something special in front of the guys? That might not be appropriate for younger viewers." He says, you hit his chest in irritation. 

He just laughs and pulls you into a big bear hug. "I love you so much y/n.." Eddie coos as your head rests on his chest. 

"I love you too, now please go, I have to finish it, no peeking! You have to see it for the first time with everyone else." 

He groans as the school bell rings for first period. 

"Fine.. let me walk you to class at least?" 

You raise an eyebrow at him, "We're in that class together, my love." 

He giggles and sways you guys as you hold each other. 

"True, but I want a cigarette, and that class is boring! " You whine in protest and give him the puppy dog eyes. 

He groans and turns away from you, "You know I hate when you do that y/n.." He says, but you don't move or change anything. 

"Fine! To class we go, m'lady." He says as he grabs his black lunchpail and you snag your backpack. 

You both get to class just in time for the bell, your teacher urging you to take your seats.

As you sit in class, you're focusing on the worksheet when you hear a 'pssst!', you look over next to you and it's Eddie. 

He starts whispering, trying to talk to you. "Come on, it's killing me y/n.. whats the surprise?" 

You let out a quiet laugh and roll your eyes. "You'll see after school. Now shh before we get in trouble!" You whisper. 

He sighs and lets you work.

As you keep working you hear scribbling next to you, thinking it's Eddie finally doing his work, you think nothing of it. 

Suddenly a piece of paper slides onto your desk, you look down at it and it's a note in Eddie's handwriting. The note read:

"Please? I wont tell the guys :("

You look over at him and he's making the puppy dog eyes to mimic you. 

You shake your head and mouth 'no!'. 

He rolls his eyes and sits back in his desk, still not doing his work.

You have two more classes with Eddie, and then it's lunch time. Eddie still wont stop pestering you. 

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?" 

"No! "

It goes on even when you're sitting with your friends, you're trying to eat. 

Still going back and forth, Eddie was relentless. 

"What are you two bickering about?" Jeff asks as they rest of the club turns their heads. 

"Y/n is keeping things from me." Eddie says sternly. 

"Oh stop it Eddie! I'm setting up an anniversary surprise for him. He's mad that he can't know." You snap, upset he's trying to make you the bad guy.

Gareth starts laughing. "Eddie hates surprises, he threw his own surprise party one time." He jokes, you could tell it was starting to make Eddie really upset.

"Eddie, will you please just trust me? You always surprise me with flowers, mixtapes, original songs, dates! Let me do it for you this once! " It was starting to really upset you too. 

You turn away and get quiet, frustrated that he's trying to ruin the one thing you could afford to plan for him. 

Eddie sits there, looking at the guys, the guys motion to you as a way to say 'fix it!'. 

You notice his hand sneaking over, you roll your eyes and don't move a muscle. 

He reaches and holds your stiff and unwilling hand. Eventually you give in, intertwining your fingers. 

"If it means that much to you princess.. I'll wait." 

You look at him with a smile. "Are you saying that because you had a change of heart or because you know that Hellfire is in less than three hours?" 

He smiles back and kisses your head. "Yes." he says as he laughs with you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school comes and as the last bell rings you're putting the finishing touches on the surprise in the art room.

You take a deep breath and roll up the piece, running to the auditorium. 

You walk in and everyone is there. "Hey boys! Clear the table!" You shout as you make your way to center stage where the table is. 

"You heard the lady, move it boys!" Eddie barks as the boys in the hellfire club and they all move their stuff hurriedly. 

You place a huge, rolled up piece tied with a ribbon. "Happy anniversary, Eds." You say softly as you untie the knot. 

You open it and it's a handmade D&D board, except it's completely hand painted by you. 

Along with its grid system there are dungeons, landscapes and oceans, drawn with such detail. 

It's as big as the table, and the club stares in awe at it. 

"You? You painted this y/n?" Eddie stares in shock, you just nodded. 

"Y..Yeah, I know how much this club means to you. This is your family, and though you guys are already so into it, I thought seeing the world you've created, might be more fun." You say nervously.

You turn to Eddie, and his has the brightest smile on his face. 

He looks around at the guys as they praise it and point out their favorite paintings on it. 

Suddenly, you're scooped up in Eddie's arms, he spins you. 

As soon as he puts you down, he dips you gently, kissing you like it was the last time we was ever going to. 

He pulls away, standing you up. He just keeps you in his arms, smiling at you. "I love you y/n. Happy anniversary." He says while stroking your hair. 

"Happy anniversary Eddie. I love you more." You say as you just stand there in one another's arms.