Leo

Happy New Year's Guys!
Thought I would end the first week back to school with an update. And the news that my hair is no longer streaked with green, but neon pink. And according to one of my dear friends, it blinded her.

Anyways, as some of you know, before I published this story I worked on a Zoë Nightshade AU called Reach for the Stars. Well, the one year anniversary is coming up, and it honor of it...

I've posted another Zoë Nightshade centered fantasy Alternate Universe called Starlight Starbright. It's up on my profile if you want to check it out. Normally I don't promo my stories, but RFTS inspired both this story and that story so I thought I'd let you know.

Hope you like the chapter!

::

Leo walks out of the great hall. He stretches his arm behind his head, yawning.

"O.W.L.'s are exhausting, aren't they Festus." Leo mumbles, bringing the other arm around his head, and letting the other drop to the side. Festus' tailed uncurled from around Leo's neck, and he unfolded his leathery wings. The miniature dragon gave a snort, a small blast of fire shooting out of it's nostrils. "Oh don't pretend like you're the one who's exhausted. You've been curled up in my robes while I scratched away at parchment for three hours."

Festus jerked his head away from Leo, walking along his shoulder and sitting down on the farthest edge of his arm. "Oh throwing a fit are you? And here's me thinking that you're a wise dragon, then." Leo laughed, tucking a curl behind his ear.

When Leo reached the staircase, Festus still sitting stubbornly on the edge of his shoulder, he sighed, "Okay, Festus. I'm going up the stairs so that I can go outside. Which means you can't sit on the edge of my shoulder." The dragon gave a small puff of smoke, like he was saying, Well, why ever not?

"You'll fall off. So..." Leo snatched Festus up with one hand, and the small dragon struggled, madly swinging it's legs. Placing his other hand underneath the Horntail, Leo leapt up the steps, two at a time.

He reached the top of the steps quickly "Sorry about thAT--OW." Leo exclaimed. Festus had blown fire from his mouth, burning Leo's index finger, and causing him to drop the dragon. Festus snorted in victory, flapping his leathery wings and doing laps around Leo's head as he cursed. Leo examined the stinging burn on his hand, and decided that he needed extreme medical care.

So, like anyone would do, he stuck his finger in his mouth, snatched his dragon out of the air, and continued on his merry way.

Leo strolled out of the castle, squinting his eyes at the sudden burst of light. Shoving Festus into his pocket, despite the dragon's protest, he held his hand over his eyes, and blinked the spots out of his vision.

The lake sparkled in the sunlight, and Leo decided that the low hanging tree by the bank was the perfect place to spend the rest of the afternoon doing nothing.

Eyes firmly focused on the tree, Leo started over, allowing his mind to wander. He thought back to the practical charms exam he was supposed to take before the written one.

"So you can't perform a fire charm?" The instructor had asked, peering over the top of the clip board with watery eyes.

"I can." He told her, lounging back in the chair, " But I won't. I can tell you the theory, the wand movements, and the history behind it. But I won't cast it."

She glanced at him suspiciously, "Is it your wand?" She glanced at his wand, swirled with designs and laying plainly on the desk. She picked it up between two thin fingers, dangling it in front of her eyes.