Nico

So this is two days late. Anyways, school starts on Tuesday, I reorganized my bookcase, got my hair redyed green and blue, and added something to the planning for this story.

Anyways, I hope you like the update. And the question for this update is: What does Sally talk about in the car ride at the beginning of Titan's Curse?

Once more, I hope you like the chapter!

::

Nico's head was bowed, his arms crossed, and his shaggy black hair was falling in front of his dark eyes. He sat at a table, leaning back in his chair and tapping his foot against the ground. His black dress robes caused him to fade into the shadows, and the only sign that he was there was the occasional glint of his watch as he checked the time.

He had put in a pair of ear plugs, which were successfully blocking out all the noise. Leaving Nico ands his thoughts swimming around his mind, loud as ever. His heartbeat pounded loudly in his ears, giving him a headache. Colorful robes were flying around him like a dizzy rainbow, as earsplitting music probably blasted from the Muses around them.

Nico leaned farther back in his chair, sighing loudly and closing his eyes, leaving him in a peaceful darkness.

But someone had to tap him on the shoulder. Grumbling, Nico opened his eyes, and took one of his earplugs out. The rush of music hit him, and at once he winced as the sound tore apart his ear.

"Yes?" Nico groaned, turning aside him. Nico vaguely recognized the Gryffindor from his potions class, a tall blonde boy with blue eyes.

"Aren't you a third year? I thought they weren't allowed, I don't mean to be rude... Did someone invite you?" Nico groaned, letting his head fall into his hands.

"I'm a fourth year." Said Nico through his fingers, "I'm in your potions class."

The blonde Gryffindor looked surprised, and at once guilt crossed his face, "Sorry, man. Well... I'll leave you. My name's Will, in case you didn't know."

Nico nodded drearily, plugging his earbuds back in and leaning against the chair once more, "Nico."

::

Nico was glad to escape to hall at last. Slipping through the doors with a swish of his dark dress robes, leaving the brightly lit hall behind him as he escaped into the corridors. With a sigh of relief, Nico took out his earplugs, the sound of his thundering heartbeat leaving his ears. With a grimace, Nico passed two members of the Gryffindor Quiditch team; they were pressed up against the wall, faces smashed against each other and making sounds that made Nico want to put his earbuds back in. Her hands were wrapped around his neck, and his hands were on her waist and in her brown hair.

Nico walked past them as fast as he could, hoping to get to the dormitory without any more... displays. As he passed a classroom along the corridor, his face still partially lit up by the lights of the great hall, he heard hushed voices wafting out of the open door of the room. At first he just thought it was another display, and was about to swiftly move on, when he a string of dialogue caught his attention and kept him hiding next to a suit of armor.

"... Have you figured out anything about the egg? Besides the fact that it screams like a banshee whenever you open it." Thalia Grace, Nico recognized, and deducted that she was talking to Luke Castellan. He personally thought that the both of them were horrible dancers, and should've just sat by the side and Kelli and her girlfriends Tammi opened the ball. Watching the two of them dance made his chest feel all warm, the only moment he'd felt glad he came to the ball.