Jason

Jason tapped his quill against the edge of the table, biting his lip, as Professor Athena passes back their transfiguration essays. His clear blue eyes intently focused on the pile of parchment Athena held in her hand, slowly, almost painfully passing them back. Jason ran his fingers through his close cropped blonde hair, squirming in his Gryffindor robes, as Athena got closer and closer, slapping papers on desks.

"Nice job Grace." Athena commented slapping down his essay, which to his relief was marked with an O. "See me after class." She muttered after, causing Jason to tense up again, wondering if he did anything wrong. Jason swallowed, his throat dry as the bell rang, his fellow students grabbing their bags and exciting for lunch as quickly as possible.

"Yes Professor?" Jason asked, a lump in his throat. "Have I done anything wrong?" Athen waved him off, adjusting her spectacles and sitting down at her desk, folding her hands on top.

"No, no, Grace. But as the head of you house I would like to inform you that you have been achieving golden grades, and your performance in Quiditch isn't shabby either. And because it is your fifth year, I would like to inform you that the ministry has allowed you to take your O.W.L.'s" Hope fluttered in Jasons chest, he leaned forward eagerly, an expression of hope upon his face.

"Really, ma'am?" A smile appeared on Athena's face, the skin around her eyes crinkling.

"Yes, Jason. Maybe you will have a future after Hogwarts, I just don't know if they'll let you keep that body. You are a very bright student, Grace, and if I can help it you will advance to a career in magic, and in that body mind you." Hope flickered briefly in Jason's eyes, and he smiles at Athena.

"Thank You, Professor."

"Well, off to lunch with you Grace!" Jason gathered his books into his bag, and left the classroom, Athena shooing him out. Gripping the strap, he wove in and out of the halls, dodging a red headed Hufflepuff who stormed through the crowd with crazy green eyes, a black haired boy in tow.

"Out of the way! Coming through!" She bellowed, dragging her friend through the crowd, knocking Jason aside. Jason straightened himself after their passing, adjusting his bags strap, before setting off down the hall once more, not sparing a thought to the duo.

Walking to the great hall, then sitting down next to an empty bronze plate, Jason piled the healthiest food he could reach for onto his plate. One constant thought stuck in his mind. I have to take care of this body. And I have to be perfect. Otherwise they'll send me back to--

"Hey Jase!" Jason was jerked out of his thoughts when Reyna passed him, sending a wave in his direction before she sat down at the Slytherin table. Her onyx black eyes were steeled, and the emerald inside of her robes were tucked over her sleeves so that she wouldn't get anything on them during Herbology. She chatted with another girl opposite her, so Jason could only see choppy brown hair that had little braids running down her hair.

Jason finished his food, pushing away his plate, and stood up. He checked his watch and sighed in relief-- he had just enough time to head down to the library and review his paper for potions one final time.

He headed out of the hall, gripping the strap of his shoulder bag tightly in his hand. His robes swished around his feet as he left the chattering hall behind, heading for the calm of the library.

He passes Madame Dodds, the tough grumpy librain. Her robes were leathery, and her thinning brown hair was cut short, a whip hanging by her side to slap the hands of students making a ruckus. He sat down, and took his paper out, gripping his head in his hands as his eyes scanned the papers.

"I forgot to add a comma." Jason muttered, dipping his quill in the ink and dashing the punctuation onto his paper.

"Love Potions?" A girl questioned, spinning his paper around and glancing at the title, "I did that paper last year, it was easy. You're a fifth year, yeah?" Jason glanced up to see a grey eyed Ravenclaw scanning his paper, a large stack of books precariously balanced in her other arm.

"You make an excellent point." She said, setting his paper down, adjusting her books in her right arm. "Personally I don't see why Love Potions haven't been made illegal yet!" And with that, she walked away, plucking another book off a shelf and adding it to her stack, her curly blonde pony tail swishing behind her.

Jason paused for a moment in shock, then gathered his papers together, glancing at his watch. Carefully placing the papers in his bag, he excited the library, having a few minutes before the bell signaling the end of lunch.

"Jason! Finally-- I've been looking everywhere for you!" Reyna came running down the hall, her black braiding flying behind her and her Slytherin robes bellowing around her. She skidded to a stop in front of Jason, placed her hand on his shoulder, her face serious.

"She's back. They want you in the hospital wing." Jason nearly fell over, his eyes gone wide. But as fast as he lost his composure he regained it, and his eyes turned cool.

"I don't want to see her. And I am certain she does not want to see me. " Jason attempted to walk away, but instead Reyna dug her nails into Jason's shoulder, halting him in his tracks.

"No." Jason protested, several minutes later as Reyna shoved him into the hospital wing where Nurse Apollo waited.

"Jason! Nice to see you!" Greeted the healer. "She's right this way." Jason bit his lip, unwillingly following Apollo as he lead him through the wing.

Jason swallowed nervously, his hands clammy, Reyna still gripping his shoulder. There she was.

She was sleeping on top of the white sheets, eyes closed, her robes drapped over the side of the bed. Her dark hair has grown long since the last time he saw her back in his second year, and her closed eyes looked strange without the eyeliner she normally framed them with.

Jason may not have seen her since she got attacked, may not have even wanted to see her, but he knew one thing.

Thalia certainly never had a lightning bolt shaped scar on the center left of her forehead.

___

*cue HARRY potter theme song*

So, I have a lot of tension built with Thalia and Jason.

And to clarify they haven't talked to each other since his first year or seen each other since his second.

Don't worry you'll learn why in time.

-Twily