Thalia

And here's the next chapter-- a few minutes late, sorry about that.

Anyways, the winning question for this update is...

Name Three Slytherins That Were Not Evil.

Enjoy the tournament.

::

November brought colder winds that swept the grounds, frost that formed on the grass every morning, and the first task. Thalia's heart was thundering in her ears, and her stomach was clenched. All around her at the Gryffindor table people were telling her what to eat, giving out suggestions, and making wild guesses about the first task.

"Have some toast, you'll need your strength--"

"No-- have some pumpkin juice!"

"Don't listen to them Thalia, what you really need to do is review a list of offensive spells."

"Defensive. It's defensive spells you'll want to know, not offensive."

"Do you know what the first task is? They marked off the Quiditch stadium... Maybe you'll be a gladiator!"

"Who are you kidding? That's probably a ploy to throw her off, I think it's gonna have to do with riddles. You're clever, at least I think you are... On second thought, you have time to head over to the library why don't you get a book on--"

"Enough!" Thalia slammed her palms on the table in front of her, knocking over the goblet of pumpkin juice someone had placed in front of her onto the stack of toast aside it.

The crowd around her took as step back as she stood up, glaring, "I don't want you're suggestions, you're thoughts on the task, or your stupid pumpkin juice and toast!" Thalia shoved through them, ignoring they're calls for her. She stormed out of the great hall, ignoring the eyes that followed her out.

Thalia marched down the steps, a scowl set on her face. She heard someone starting running down the steps behind her, angry, she swung around. "I don't want your help!"

The person opened their mouth to speak, but Thalia cut him off with a flick of her hand and a swish of her robes as she turned around and glided back down the steps. The Ravenclaw bounded down the steps behind her, practically flying from step to step until Thalia was forced to halt as he landed in front of her with a billow of his robes. Thalia cocked her head to the side upon getting a look at his face, wasn't he the guy that freaked out when the goblet was revealed?

"Dragons." He said breathlessly, folding his arms over his chest, "The first task is dragons."

"And I know you're telling the truth because...?" Thalia inquired with a wave of her hand, to which the hispanic Ravenclaw responded immediately.

"And here's a fully detailed plan of what to do against the dragon-- hope you don't mind flying-- anyways, it's all rigged. Ares Warman was paid by Nakamura to give the Hogwarts champion the hardest one, the Hungarian Horntail. Whole thing's rigged against you, but you're gonna win anyways." The Ravenclaw passed her a stack of parchment that Thalia took hesitantly.

"Warman? The head of the department of magical games and sports. He took a bribe?" Inquired Thalia, flipping through the parchment, "And why are you doing this anyways? I get school spirit, but..."

The Ravenclaw cut her off, "Don't worry about. I'll collect on it after. Good luck." He cracked a crooked smile before bounded back up the stairs and disappearing into the great hall leaving Thalia staring dumbfounded after, clutching a pile of parchment sheets in her left hand.