Piper

Ten more chapters left you guys...

Now it's been a while since I updated, but that's because I've been working on plans for my next story, which I wasn't gonna start until later... However you can thank the one and only Sabrina Green, everyone's favorite author, for getting me addicted to Heroes. Aka, the best show ever besides Doctor Who.

Anyways, as an apology for not updating, I'm giving you part of the story that I wrote last night at 3am during my binge watch, it's in the media.

Enjoy the chapter!

::

Piper unfolded her arms, waving at Hazel as the girl ducked in the passage to her common room before turning back and walking back up the corridor. Folding back her arms, Piper thought of Hazel as she made her way back to the Slytherin common room. A young girl, barely fourteen, with golden eyes that were cracked and shattered in a way that Piper knew all too well. Talking to Hazel, Piper found herself wanting to spill all of her issues. To tell Hazel that she truly understood, because, who better then to understand a monster then one of their own?

Piper found her fingers crawling to her throat, gripping the skin of her neck and feeling her heart pulse under the tips of her fingers. Piper slid her hand back down to her side, shoving it into the pockets of her dark trousers.

Soon, people were flooding around Piper as she walked down the corridors and up and down the moving staircases. The snow on her hair and on her robes had melted, leaving Piper slightly damp as she glided through the halls.

Passing the open doors of the great hall, the smells of breakfast still lingering, Piper shot a glare over at Drew as she came out. Drew gave her a cold smile in return, seeming to realize what Piper was furious over. It wouldn't have been too hard, seeing as after Hazel ran out of the great hall Piper had followed soon after.

Piper scowled, uncrossing then recrossing her arms as she made her way down the corridor, mindlessly glancing at the educational degrees. Wanting nothing more then to take the very hammer they were hung up with and smash the wooden frame to bits, shattering the glass all over the floor of the corridors.

Piper unexpectedly collided with someone, slamming into them and sending their textbooks--though Merlin knows why someone would be carrying around textbooks on Christmas day-- through the air and scattering them across the floor.

The person fell towards the floor and Piper shot out her arm and grabbed the other person around the wrist, leaving them in an awkward position where they were half splayed on the ground. Upon seeing who she had caught, Pipdr at once dropped her grip on shock, allowing Jason to fall completely to the ground with a groan.

After a moment Piper realized what she had done and, profoundly apologizing, she helped Jason pick up his books. With a forced smile, she handed the books back to Jason, who was staring at the wall.

"There's a new one." He said softly, in a sort of horror, "I guess that's the definition of perfect, huh?" Piper turned to the wall,  a new educational degree was swinging from a nail, bold black ink carving out Hera's words on parchment.

Educational Degree 2o

No students are to be seen kissing or hugging in public or private, unless granted permission from Head Inquisitor Hera.

Any students found doing so we face serious punishment, and may even be expelled.*

*......

This degree has been

authorized and approved

by the MINISTRY OF MAGIC

"What?" Piper spoke in disbelief, breathless, turning to Jason, "She can't do that? It's not fair to anyone." Jason looked over at her, adjusting his books into one arm, before pointing to the small series of text underneath that was near impossible to see.

"People having any kind of romantic relationship with a person or persons of the same sex will not be tolerated, no warning. They will be expelled at once." Piper heard someone behind her take a sharp breath inwards, and Piper swung around to see them running down the hall, Slytherin robes billowing behind him. Next to where he was standing, was a chubby chinese Gryffindor, staring at the boy as he disappeared around the corner.

"What happened?" Piper asked the Gryffindor, who shrugged, adjusting the strap of his bag.

"He was looking at the degree, and when you mentioned what would happen..." The chinese boy hesitated, meeting Piper's eyes. "You're friends with Lou Ellen." His voice was quiet, and he looked down at his shoes, his voice cracked when he looked back up at her moments later, "Miranda's my herbology partner." The two shared a moment of understanding, before the Gryffindor awkwardly shuffled down the hall and into the crowd.

"Later Grace." Piper flicked her hand in farewell in his direction, before taking off running down the corridor.

::

"Lou!" Piper knocked into her friend, sending her flying away from Miranda who, moments ago had her hand intertwined with Lou's as they walked around the castle, trudging through the snow. Lou fell into the snow, and at once Miranda moved to help her up, holding out her hand, but Piper knocked it away.

"Merlin! Why'd you do that for?" Lou sink slightly deeper into the snow as she struggled to get up, her bright hair was damp with it.

Piper was breathless, having run the distance, coughed, then spoke, "Hera--her new degree-- you'll be expelled!"

Miranda took in a sharp breath, Lou pushed herself out of the snow and drew level eyes with Piper. Spinning  colors of kaleidoscope, matched with an eye popping purple, "Expelled? What in the name of Salazaar Slytherin are you taking about? What did she do?"

"If people of the sam sex hug or kiss, they get expelled."

"What." Miranda said in disbelief, her hands brushing Piper's shoulder. "It can't--can't be... Lou!" Piper's attention averted back to the girl in front of her, who seemed to be...faded. Her skin was losing its light brown color, like it was washed out. Her purple eyes faded into a lavender, then into a pale brown, and her spiked, multi-colored hair tumbling onto her shoulders in a shade of a sickly brown.

Piper gripped Lou's shoulders, "Snap out of it! Lou!" It was to no avail, Lou just was just limp in Piper's grip, her mouth hanging slightly open. "Miranda--Miranda, she's in shock. I'm not sure--"

Miranda shoved Piper out of the way, and Piper stumbled and nearly fell into the snow. Miranda grabbed Lou by each side of her face,  and pressed her mouth gently on her girlfriend's. She pulled Lou away and the other girl's knees buckled underneath her, and Lou collapsed in the snow.