Piper

I told you guys I was working on a chapter! And now we're just getting started, the chapter's are gonna start to get very long. At least I hope they are. Most of the ones coming up have at least two hundred words of planning involved so look forward!

SO enjoy the chapter.

-ATH

::

Piper leaned against the wall of the dungeon, adjusting the strap of the messenger bag slung across her shoulders. She wanted more than anything to sit down, and drop her bag by her feet, only Professor D hadn't given her a seat yet. He was lazily reading names off of a list and pointing to a table. He was taking a painfully long time saying each name, drawing out every syllable.

And when "McLean." Was finally said, Piper rolled her shoulders back and walked to the table he pointed. There was only one other person at her table, and to her luck, was a Gryffindor. She didn't have anything against them, however they usually had a bone to pick with her.

Sighing in relief, she let her bag fall on the seat next to her and sat across from the boy. The boy had close cropped blonde hair and clear blue eyes, and a small scar just above his lip. His robes with clean and pressed, unlikes Piper's which were slightly wrinkled and partially covered in dust.

Piper stretched her hand across the table, "Piper." The boy looked at her hand for a moment, then shook it. "Jason." Pulling his hand back he adjusted the black glasses on the bridge of his nose. "Well then, Piper. Are you good at potions?"

"I'd like to think so, I've maintained an O in this class since first year. And I don't think it's just because I'm a Slytherin." Piper grinned, taking her cauldron out of her bag, to which Jason responded with a smaller smile.

"Good. I've always gotten partners who refuse to pull their own weight. I'm glad I found a Slytherin who will.

Piper's face got hot, "What do you mean Slytherin? We're ambitious! You Gryffindors just get every handed to you on a silver platter!"

"Silver platter?" questioned Jason, his face red, " We're all expected to be better then the last!"

"At least your hopes are high! Everyone expects us all to be evil, when really it's the Gryffindors who keep up the house prejudice-- anything to remain on the king of the hill!" snarled Piper, slamming her hands on the potions table and leaning forward, sticking her face right in Jason's.

"King of the hill? If anything, I'm right at the bottom?"

"You're so full of yourself aren't you? Thinking you're the victim when really you're next to none! Why don't you just slap yourself?"

The words tingled in Piper's throat, coming out almost like a melody. Jason went ridged, and suddenly he struck his hand across his own face, leaving a red handprint. Piper was horrified, she didn't mean to-- oh what did it matter? She wanted to bury her head in her hands and apologize a hundred times over.

Jason lowered his hand and looked at her in absolute shock, horrified. "What--what did you do to me?"

"I--I--I--" Piper stuttered, then suddenly, she shouted, "PROFESSOR D! JASON CALLED THE SLYTHERIN HOUSE LAZY!" She'd panicked, wanted out of this situation fast. But the second she made eye contact again with Jason she'd regretted it at once. He looked like Piper had just murdered him.

Dionysus swooped over, bat like, his robes furrowing behind him. He stood right behind Jason who suddenly got very stiff, and very rigid. All color had flooded from his face and his lip quivered like he might cry.