Annabeth

Six hours late... Better than nothing right?

Sorry... I was drawing again and next thing I know it's 3:45 and gods I don't even have more then a sketch to show for it. (Obviously it's Ruby and Sapphire, what else would I draw?). Anyways, I hope you guys like Percabeth.

Today's question for who gets to decide my next update is: When was the first time Annabeth kissed Percy?

Hope you like the update!

::

When November moved into December brought colder temperatures. The top of the lake froze over in a slick sheet of blue gray ice. The first snow brushed the grounds in a light dusting, and the sky turned permanently grey with clouds that were pushed around with heavy gusts of cold winds.

Annabeth had dug out her worn, woolen gloves out of her trunk they made a permanent residence in the pockets of her robes. Her silver and blue scarf was wrapped once around her neck and slung over her shoulder.

One particularly cold morning, Annabeth headed down the staircase of the Ravenclaw tower, pulling her woolen gloves over her chilled fingers. As she glided down the steps she tightly pulled her curly blonde hair back.Within moments she was entering the great hall, sighing in contentment as the warmth of the hall washed over her.

Taking her seat at the Ravenclaw table, Annabeth pulled the gloves off her chilled hands and sticking them into the inside pockets of her robes. She pulled the plate of toast closer to her and piled some on her plate. Her fingers brushed the golden goblet and at once it filled with pumpkin juice.

Annabeth ate in silence, pondering a theory she had on Felix Felices. According to the creator, Nemesis Vengere, it merely rebalanced the scales of probability in the takers favor, but considering that concept, couldn't one make a potion that makes the taker unlucky?
Annabeth took a thoughtful drink out of her golden goblet, and glanced up at the ceiling of the great hall as a flurry of owls descended, each of which gripping a parcel or a parchment envelope. Annabeth scanned the Owls as they descended, looking for the owl that delivered her daily prophet.

The owl landed in front of her in mere moments, and Annabeth gratefully took the prophet from the owl, slipping a bronze knut into the velvet pouch on its leg. The owl took off, though not before stealing a slice of Annabeths toast.

Annabeth unfolded the paper, skipping the garbage front lines for the more reasonable pages in the middle and near the end. However, another owl landed in front of her, a grey owl with ruffles of feathers that curved up on the top of its head. A silver pendant gleamed around its neck and Annabeth's face went slightly pale upon seeing it. She untied the parchment from around the owl's leg, and it flew back towards the top of the hall where many of the other owls were returning.

She slid her finger underneath the parchment and broke the grey seal. She unrolled the letter, flattening it out on top of her paper.

Dear Annabeth,

I would like to apologize,

Annabeth scowled, not bothering to go further. She crumbled up the letter with a few cracking sounds, placing it atop of the paper she then pulled out her wand. Tapping the letter twice, it erupted into purple flames that glinted in Annabeth's steel eyes, and warmed her fingers.

Annabeth watched it burn in contentment, not caring what her family had to say to her.

::

Annabeth walked into transfiguration, one gloved hand on the strap of her bag, the other playing with the tassels at the end of her scarf.