70

Being locked inside the supplies room together with Kai is what you considered as hell.

After the talk you had with Chaewon, the next day which is now, you decided to showed up at the practice Beomgyu said to you and you didn't know Kai is the one you're going to practice with.

But now both of you are locked inside a room by Beomgyu for the reason you and Kai keep fighting in the field, though in your preference it doesn't look like a fight.

Beomgyu should be glad that you didn't punched Kai the day he played a one on one against you.

But earlier during the practice, you did almost hit him many times. You keep pitching the ball towards his direction instead of the hit box and when it's Kai's turn to pitch he will do the same you did.

" Look " You heard him said the voice coming from the other edge of the room. " I didn't came here to have a fight with you. Heck, I didn't even came here for you "

You scoffed and look at his direction. " Then why are you here ? "

" For Beomgyu " He heaved a sigh.

" Don't tell me you like my StepBrother " You assumed, after all, all of the baseball team already know that Beomgyu is your Stepbrother

" What ? ofcourse no " He frowned. " He's my mentor "

" So what ? " You annoyingly said.

" After what happened between us the day I asked you to play against me- "

" Which you lose " you said not letting him to continue what he's about to say.

He scoffed. " Okay fine, the game where I LOSE. " he glared at you. " He found out the whole deal with Karina " you look at him after hearing the girls name. " and he won't mentor me anymore. You see your Stepbrother is a prodigy when it comes to baseball. I've been wanting to be one that's why I asked him to be my mentor and he agreed but now he said he won't do it anymore " he sighs.

" So, when he said that he'll mentor me again in exchange of a one favor. I didn't think twice because I idolized him a lot when it comes to baseball " He looked away.

" Heck, I even apologized to Karina after her game the other day "

Your eyebrows furrowed. " What ? "

" I mean, I didn't just apologized cause Beomgyu wanted me to, I even bought her flowers just to show her how sincere I am "

He sounds like he's telling the truth, but your mind is stuck with one thing.

" Sorry ? but with kiss ? "

He gave you a confused look. " What kiss are you talking about ? "

" I saw you guys kissing, the day after her game at the dugout " You answered while looking at his direction.

He scoffed as he gets what do you mean. " I don't know what did you see that time but we didn't kiss "

" I saw you leaned in " You argue.

" I leaned in to kiss her cheeks, but even that I didn't kiss her like kissing because even before I could touch her lips she turned her head before it could even land. "

You groaned when you realized what he said.

Damn, you went missing for three days just for nothing.