36

" Yuqi, Do you have a practice later ? " Lia who walk down the bleachers, asked as she approaches you and the others who's standing on the ground.

" Yeah " Yuqi nodded her head, " Cap. Seulgi said we need to  practice for the next match but more on conditioning only. No practice game "

" So ? Seulgi unnie is really the new captain ? " Winter asked.

Yuqi gave her a nod as an answer, " I insisted since she's much more experience than me, she's more skilled and more good at making decisions. " accidentally diverting her eyes to you who's now staring at the ground as if you're having a deep thoughts.

Yuqi sighs, and called your name. " Verna "

Upon hearing your name, you look at the direction where the voice came from only for you to see them all looking at you especially at Yuqi with confusion.

Remaining silent, you waited for Yuqi to say something.

" I'm sorry " She apologizes and you know what was that for. " I shouldn't have doubt you. I definitely underestimated you that time. Maybe I was just scared that we might not be able to play for this season. I'm really sorry " she flashed an apologetic smile.

" Okay " You answered very shortly before looking away as you started walking in the middle of the field shocking them with your actions.

Except Beomgyu who knows what was that act for.

" Am I that rude ? " Yuqi questioned herself making them to look at her, but none of them dare to answered the question.

The ones who's at the dugout before the last inning knows that what Yuqi act that time is a little rude, since she acted like she don't trust you at all.

In order to have a perfect and successful win, you need to trust the others and your teammates.

" Just ignore her " Beomgyu said out of the blue. This time their gazes are on him.

" She always acts and move away like that whenever she need to think of something. As her friend I can tell that she's hurt " He gave them a small smile, " She hates it whenever no one trusts her. " With that Beomgyu leave them too and approach you who's now sitting on one of the bases.

While drawing something on the ground.

Everyone is speechless at what he said, to the point that your own friends realized that aside from Yuqi.

They did something wrong too and that is to not trusting you about liking Karina and moving on to Chaewon.

Minding their own business after that.

They watched you and Beomgyu talking from afar, even the boys remained silent.

" So ? Are you joining baseball now ? " Beomgyu asked as he take a sit beside you. " No. " You quickly answered, " Still have no plans and I already explained to Seulgi unnie about it "

" That ? "

" That give me time to think. " You answered with a sigh, and instead of him questioning that. He patt your head and gave you a smile.

" Are you mad to Yuqi ? " He asks changing the topic.

" I'm not " You sighed, " But I'm mad at myself " and you really are.

" I understand " He smiled, " you're always mad at yourself though " He added making you to look at him with confusion.

" You keep blaming everything to yourself even if it's not your fault. " knowing where is this topic coming from. You sighed once again and grip your fist tightly as you remember that accident.

" Not with this again, Beomgyu. " You spoke coldly and just by that. Beomgyu knows that he needs to stop talking about it for now.

" Okay. Okay " He raised both his hands before standing.

" But we need to go back to them, They're probably waiting " He continued as you gaze up to him. " I'll follow " you answered and he nodded his head before walking back to the others first.

As soon as he started walking away. You let out a long sighed and look at the Pitcher's base.

You won't say it outloud but just because you're not interested to the sport anymore. Doesn't mean you misses it any less than before.

Not when you feel lots of feelings towards the sports.

The feeling of love.

The feeling of happiness.

The feeling of regret.

And the feeling of longing.

But there's one feeling that stands out more, the one feeling that only matters for you.

The feeling you can't let go no matter what you do.

The feeling that you can't get rid of.

The feeling that completely overtakes everything.

The feeling of anger.

_______________