Cumulus 40

Chapter 40
CHOOSE

Jufrithird

She was different. The first time I saw her and interacted with her, I know I will never be used. I know I will dislike her aura.

"I'm Kristine. Nice to meet you," she flashed a friendly smile. I find it flirty, though.

"Jufrithird. Enjoy your vacation." I can't help but be cold when I realized, this might be my Mom's crazy operation again.

I honestly don't know what my mom up to. I have hunch but I was never sure. Hindi ko alam kung anong pinag-eexperimentuhan niya at bakit ang dami-dami niyang ipinapakilalang babae sa akin. If not introducing a young successful businesswomen, it's some random rich girls that she asked to stay in the mansion for weeks and months.

Akala ko ganoon lang talaga siya pero habang tumatagal at papalit-palit na ng babae sa mansion, napapansin ko na. She's doing an experiment and I didn't know what was it. Well, I wasn't interested so I really didn't find out. I have many things to think in the company.

Malakas ang paniniwala kong Pristine is one of my mother's scheme for me. But when she asked my age, course, work and hobbies, I got confused. Kung ipadala nga siya ni Mama, dapat marami siyang alam tungkol sa akin, hindi ba? I don't know if she's just faking it but she seems genuine in asking. Or was she that good at acting?

I know she got me since then. She had my eyes and attention to her.

And I was so pissed for that reason.

So I tried to annoy her one time, it was in the parking lot. Noong itinuro kong doon siya sasakay sa kabilang sasakyan imbis na sa akin. I was waiting for her to get annoyed, freak out, demand angrily and stick like a glue to me but instead, she was very cool to it. Agad lang sumunod at ningitian pa ang driver!

What? You're not going to pout, cling and stick to me?

"You don't want to ride with me?" I asked, furrowing.

"Sabi mo kasi dito?" inosenteng usal niya.

Damn it, anong problema? What's with her normal expression? She should freak out because I didn't let her join the car with me, right? Why is she's cool with it?

Tumagilid ang ulo ko at tinitigan siya. "In my car..."

Walang reklamo siyang sumunod at imbis na sa shot gun umupo, sa back seat nagpunta! What is she playing this time? Why is she's distancing? She's too flirty, feeling close and clingy on me the past days and now that we're together in a car, ayaw niyang tumabi?

Hindi ko alam kung anong mararamdaman ko noon. Kalaunan, napansin kong hindi talaga siya dumidikit sa akin kapag kami lang dalawa. She's too flirty, sweet and clingy when Kyla's around but very casual when we're together. Halos hindi ako lapitan at kausapin. She wasn't even once sweet nor clingy to me kapag kami lang. Kaya nagduda talaga ako.

She's interested with me? No. She likes me? No, too. I know she's not. I know she's fucking pretending it.

And I hate it so much.

Pristine is too different to all women that Mama introduced to me. They were shy type outside but aggressive, clingy, demanding and very girly while Pristine... she's behave but mischievous. I seriously don't like her aura. Hindi ko pa maintindihan ang sarili kung bakit ako naiirita sa kanya noon gayong lahat ng babaeng pinakilala sa akin ni Mama ay kung hindi malamig, kaswal naman ang pakikitungo ko. Pero kalaunan, napagtanto kong kaya ganoon kasi... she's too attractive.

She's too attractive that I was honestly afraid I'd fall. I was afraid I couldn't handle her. I was afraid I cannot ignore her. Dinadaanan ko siya lagi sa irita kasi mismo ako ay naiirita na ganoon ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya.