I Thought You Hated Tattoos

When Niall had told you that he had a 'bizarre' idea for promotion, you could never have guessed just how bizarre of an idea he was hinting at.

"I thought you hated tattoos?" you asked, still convinced that it was a prank even as you were on the way.

"No, I just think I'd hate them on me. Otherwise I have no issue with them, I actually think they're kinda cool to be honest," he shrugged.

"You cannot be serious." As far as his promotional events were concerned, chatting up with hosts and interviewers had always been a major part. He usually ended up talking about his latest releases, often referring to the past and sometimes hinting at the future. He would talk about his family and relationships, would read out fan messages and tweets, and frequently would have laughs over one thing or another. This time however was different, for he had hitched a deal to tattoo the title of his single on Roman Kemp's leg.

"Don't worry darling,' he laughed, 'It's not being done without his consent or anything."

You arrived at the destination in some minutes and after the customary exchange of heys and hellos, it was time to come down to business. Niall, who had been visibly excited about the activity, was now having a mild case of the jitters, which only intensified when he was handed the equipment.

"Well?" you questioned, suppressing a giggle at his apparent discomfort, "Are you okay?"

He stuck his tongue out at you, leaving the room in a huff and walking over to where Roman was situated on a bed-like structure, the left part of his pants rolled up to expose the skin.

"If he fucks this up," Roman joked, looking at you, "You will pay for the damages."

Niall seemed ready with the hand-held device, but kept fidgeting with the long sweater sleeve reaching his wrist.

"Niall pull the sleeve up baby," you said, half-mocking but half-concerned. Walking over to him, you asked if you could help with it.

"Yeah," Niall huffed, "be quick though."

"There you go baby," you said, folding the fabric in temporarily.

"God's sake Niall get on with it," Roman groaned, giving a clear impression of uneasiness.

"I'm literally doing my best," he whined, bringing up his hand to his leg. "Tell me if it hurts."

"I think it is supposed to hurt a bit Niall."

"I mean if it hurts unusually."

"I don't see how I'm supposed to understand what you mean."

"Fuck's sake," Niall said under his breath, the sweat on his forehead betraying his feigned unfaltering voice.

"Niall baby calm down," you said in as low a voice as you could, only for Roman to respond impulsively, "BABY BABY WE GET THAT HE'S YOUR BABY!"

He immediately regretted shouting but relief washed over him as you burst into uncontrollable laughter, which also served as unexpected calming of Niall's nerves. It still might have taken him an eternity, but he *almost* successfully did tattoo 'Nice To Meet Ya' on his leg.