Afraid

the second you saw the two lines on the test, your whole future had changed. you were scared. you weren't ready for a baby, you're not prepared and you and niall definitely didn't plan to have a baby right now. niall has been in and out of the studio working on his next album, planning a tour, managing his golf company, he didn't have time for a baby and you were afraid of how he was gonna react when you told him you were pregnant. you had avoided telling niall anything for a couple of days, just overwhelmed and scared at the whole situation, but as you sat on the bed one day while niall was at the studio, positive pregnancy test in hand, you couldn't help the tears that began to fall. all these thoughts, good and bad, ran through your head because you certainly did not need another thing added to yours and niall's plate, nonetheless a baby.

sooner or later you heard the garage door open, signaling that niall was home early from work. internally freaking out, you stopped your tears, splashed your face with cold water and did everything you could to not make it look like you have been crying. after hiding the pregnancy test in your underwear drawer from niall, you went downstairs to greet him.

"hiya, lover," he smiled as you walked down the stairs, approaching him gently as he settled in

"hi, you're home early"

"yeah, only a couple meeting's t'day. nothing too big" he answered, before turning around and wrapping his arms around you, placing his lips on yours

pulling away from you, he cupped your face and looked into your eyes, you smiled at him and he gave you a confused face, "ya alright? looks like ya've been cryin'"

fuck.

"no, 'm okay" you replied, feeling the tears build up and your throat tighten

"y/n" his voice was soft and you broke, a soft sob leaving your lips

he cursed lowly to himself, pulling you into him and letting you cry on his shoulder. his hands rubbed circles on your back as he whispered soothing words in your ear, calming you.

"what happened?" he asked gently and you looked up at him through teary eyes, trying to get the next few words to escape your throat

"'m pregnant"

"what?" his eyes went wide and a new batch of tears pooled in your eyes, "niall, i'm pregnant"

"oh my god, y/n, dat's amazin'!! why are ya cryin'?" his face was lit up, his eyes wide and his mouth open.

"what?" you looked up at him, confused at his reaction

"yer pregnant. we're gonna be a family!"

"you're not mad?" you asked, relief washing over your body at his happy reaction

"what? why the fuck would i be mad! 'm gonna be a dad!" he was basically squealing with excitement, his hands cupping your tummy and rubbing his fingers across it over the fabric of your shirt

"you're about t' release your album and you're planning a tour, 's just not the right time t' have a baby" you sniffled, rubbing your teary eyes

"'s alright, i can push all dat back. family first, babe, always. especially if im bouta start me own family"

"but it fucks up our whole plan, we were supposed t' get married first and get a dog, then have babies" you giggled, remembering the plan you both had made up while cuddling in bed at 2 am one night.

he giggled, "and we will, jus' wit' an extra horan"

you smiled softly at him and he grinned, getting down on his knees in front of you and lifting up your shirt to reveal your belly, running his hands over it and pressing his lips to it, "dere's a baby in dere"

you grinned at him and nodded before he stood back up, pressing his lips to yours, "i can't fuckin' believe dis. dis's fuckin' amazin', babe. i love ya so much"

"i love you too"