Calm Down

Niall had once again fallen asleep on the couch when you came home. Though that ceased to a halt since every door you walked through ended up being slammed. Sitting up, Niall saw you stomping your way through the house into the kitchen.

Niall figured he should probably try to see what had gotten you so riled up and wandered into the kitchen to find you pouring yourself rather large glass of wine.

He raised his eye brows, "Happy hour already princess?"

You took several gulps of wine, "Mmm.."

"That's a lot of wine there, sure you don't want to slow down?" Niall questioned

Without looking at him you sighed before replying with a short, "No." Leaving your things strewn across the table you continued to drink your wine while making your way to your's and Niall's shared bedroom hoping Niall wouldn't follow you. It was nothing personal. You actually really needed one of his hugs. But work had pissed you off and you were going to need several moments alone before having someone in your company.

He followed you though.

"Please Niall I'm tired," You said without looking at him. 

"Yeah so was I. Asleep on the couch b'fore you came through slamming all the doors in the house."   

"'M sorry." You mumbled

"It's fine love but what's wrong?"

"Everything."

"Work?"

"What do you think?" Okay you said that kind of curtly but whatever. Niall shook it off.  "C'mon love it can't be that bad."

"Yeah well easy for you to say when you've never worked retail a day in your life," You sighed, "Babe I just need to be alone right now. I had customers constantly being needy all day so please just..."

"Princess c'mon—"

You lost it, "Niall! Really I just spent the last hour of my life arguing with a woman who had no sense of respect or personal space over a return for FIVE LITTLE DOLLARS on top of the fact that I was the only manager on duty because the closing manager decided to be 3 hours late due to a fucking hangover! So go. Go back to sleep or whatever just as long as it's not around me."

He was a little taken aback by your sudden outburst but stayed in the door way none the less while you stalked into the restroom to change. Five minutes later you emerged in a baggy sweater your face washed and looking a little solemn.

Niall raised an eyebrow, "You good now?"

You fiddled with your hands, "No."

So Niall did the thing he figured you needed the most and walked over to you with his arms open wide.

You let him take you into his arms and let his warmth surround you while taking in the scent of his cologne and laundry detergent.

Niall placed a kiss on top of you head, "That lady's a proper bitch?"

"Yes."

"Well you've finished your wine. But I've still got an entire nap to finish seeing as you stomped your way through the house. Care to join?"

You pulled away from Niall and jumped onto the bed, "Don't mind if I do."