Eloped

"Good Evening! Good Evening! Good Evening Everyone!" James Corden welcomed his audiences, both live and the ones watching the telecast, through the thunderous applause.

The applause slowly died down, before James continued,

"Good Evening Everyone! Welcome to The Late Late Show. I am your host James Corden, and we have an amazing show lined up for you."

More applause followed.

"Our first guest tonight, also our only guest tonight, is someone with whom I personally have a bone to pick with. He has created a lot of uproar across the internet and the world in past few weeks, that he managed to crash Instagram. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the newly or not so newly hitched NIALL HORAN!"

Niall walked on to the stage, waving his hand toward the crowds and camera. He did a semi bro hug with James before making himself comfortable on the sofa.

The applause subsided, except few hoots and claps here and there.

"Welcome Niall!"

"Hey! James!"

"Don't 'Hey! James!' me."

Niall let out a nervous laugh.

"Care to explain this?" James continued and pointed to the screen. It was the acceptance speech he gave at the AMAs a few weeks ago.

"...I would also like to thank my wife. Thank you, babe , for standing by me. For giving me the push and pull when I needed it. For being by strength, my support, my heart, my soul. You make me a better man and I cannot express the love I feel for you in any words. Thank You! Thank You all! Have a great night!"

"As you declare your love for your wife, about whom no one seems to have any idea, I mean look at Louis's face-"

The screen started showing Louis's confused 'What?' reaction to Niall's declaration of love.

"His reaction has ended up being a meme!" James exclaimed showing various contexts. Niall let out a hearty laugh.

"Not only Louis, look at the reaction of others in attendance.. there's Taylor- classy Taylor surprise reaction, there's Liam- he too has managed to become a meme." James showed various artist's reactions to Niall's speech.

"Yeah. I mean... what can I say? Yeah." Niall tried to play it off.

"What can you say? Well, you can always start with the fact that how you ended up being married while the rest of the world thought that you were enjoying the bachelorhood."

The audience cheered.

"When the hell did you get married?"

"It been almost more than six months.... actually no.. it's been eight months." Niall confessed.

"Eight months?" James exclaimed. "Eight months?" James looked baffled.

"Yeah!"

"How come we didn't know about it? Where was my invitation? Did it get lost? How did you send it? The courier company are going to hear from me very soon?" James bombarded Niall.

"Well...." Niall hesitated.

"Well what?"

"There was no invite?" It came out as a question.

"What do you mean there was no invite? How was I suppose to attend your wedding without invitation? Did you even invite me? Did I make it to the final guest list?"

"There was no guest list... there was no invite. We eloped." Niall finally admitted.

His confession caused a lot of uproar of applause and hoots in the audience. James was speechless.

"I should be congratulating you. I'll do that once I can completely process this information. But why on earth will you do that?"

"Well, she wanted a small and intimate wedding, I also wanted the same. But it was an impossible task, considering that we both have extremely large families. So, the only way we could do it was if we disappointed some of the family and friends or we disappoint all of them. We went for the later option."

This earned a laugh from the audience.

"How did your family take it? When did you tell them?"

"We told them as soon as we came back home from our honeymoon-"

"So you had a honeymoon too? How thoughtful!"

"Actually it was a vacation, but we ended up marrying, so our vacation turned into honeymoon."

"Alright. How did your families take it? Were they as disappointed with you as I am right now?"

"My folks were disappointed and hurt... but they understood our reasons. It took them some time, but they accepted it."

"What about her folks? Were they convinced as easily as yours were?"

"Eh... Not really."

"Yeah? How did they take the news?"

"Let's just say that I literally ran for my life"